Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby #3 Quilt top #3

I'm sure a few of you remember the Ruffle Strip Quilt I made for Kendree.  I love that thing, but learned a few things in the process of making it purely from what I could remember of a quilt I saw in a quilt shop 4 years prior.

I decided that I love the quilt too much to not make it for this next little one as well (if she is a girl of course).  I made just one change.  Instead of roll heming the sides of each ruffle, I decided to make each ruffle a tube of fabric so there would not be any wrong sides of the fabric showing.  Each strip was 3.5" wide by the width of the fabric (44" in this case) and each ruffle was 5" wide (sewn together and flipped) by 88".

And here's the end result:

Don't worry, those edges will be trimmed.

I'm happy to be done with quilt tops for a while.  Now on to crib bumpers and crib skirts!

One other quick note if you are making this....do not iron the seam of the tubes in the middle of the back so that you are sewing through 4 layers that you then have to gather.  It was a PAIN!  Move that little seam over to one side or the other a bit and no one will see it anyway.

3 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

LOVE IT!!!

Kathryn said...

I adore it! Love the colors and how it looks a little more muted tones from a distance. Love that. You always impress me with your mad skills KaLee!

Unknown said...

Cute! I love all the red/burgundy tones.