Friday, September 09, 2011

28 weeks

And another two weeks have passed!

A little too quickly if you ask me.  As I've entered the third trimester, it is as if my body has decided to remind me that I am pregnant on a regular basis.  Waking up to turn over in bed? Check.  Starting to walk slowly and with a slight* waddle? Check. Strangers touching my belly? Check.  Questions about how many I am going to have and how full my hands will be? Check.

Gotta love it.

In reality, I am still feeling really well.  I continue to avoid heartburn and my ankles have not started swelling (knock on wood).  I assume that the A/C we installed has quite a bit to do with that second one. At the doctor this week I gained 10 (TEN!) pounds.  The doctor was a bit confused about that one, until we all realized that I was weighed on a different scale than the one that they have used for all of my other appointments.  At home, I've gained 4...so I think the weight worry is about over.  I continue to measure right on and the baby's heartbeat and my blood pressure are good.

The kids are starting to get more excited about a baby (most likely due to the arrival of several new little ones in our ward at church).  Easton asked me today if we could get a hint about whether the baby was a boy or a girl. That one made me smile.

On the naming front, as was the case with Kendree, we have about a million boy names that we like, but are unsure which ones are our favorites (well, we both have our favorites I think, but they don't necessarily line up).  Don't worry, I'll share a few (but remember you are basically looking at our brainstorming list so we may end up with something different all together).  Here they are in alphabetical order: Brecken, Bridger, Brock, Bryson (like Br names much?), Caden and Tate**.  As for the girl names, we have names, but I have yet to have a favorite...which is so frustrating for me!  I just can't find one that I love enough to name a baby! Here's the girl brainstorming list, also in alphabetical order: Brielle, Brynlee, Brynn, Camryn, Devyn, Isabella, and Kamille***.

Suggestions are appreciated.  Seriously.  I like unique names that are easy to pronounce and while different, don't cause people to go "What the heck!?!?"  Not too much to ask, is it?

*I like to believe it is a slight waddle.  If you see me in real life, humor me.
**Ronnie really doesn't like Tate at all, but I love it so much that I leave it on there just to see if maybe, someday I can get it in there.
***Ronnie and I struggle with C and K at the beginning of girl names.  I ALWAYS favor the K, as it seems more feminine to me (though I suppose a girl named KaLee could be biased on that) and he usually favors the C.  If you see a C or a K, just know we are debating.

Wanna look back? 26 weeks, 24 weeks, 20 weeks, 18 weeks, 16 weeks.
Kendree's pregnancy at 28 weeks
Easton's pregnancy at 30 weeks

8 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

I'm with you on the K. I just like it better though. Kody was always on my list of boy names, although it could be a girl too.

Melissa said...

I like K for girls, too. My siter has a little girl named Kamaryn and I think the spelling is really cute.

Jen said...

My favorites: Brock and Camille (with a "C"). =)

I like K's with some names and C's with others. Camille is just one of those I like with a "C."

Good luck deciding. I'm sure it's got to be tough to pick the name that your child will be stuck with for the rest of their lives...no pressure.

Cindy said...

I've been trying to get someone to name a little girl Paislee or Paisley so far it is still up for grabs!
Should my name be spelled Kindy?? Guess it won't work!
Good luck, we are so excited for you. What a wonderful time in your life.
Enjoy.

Ashley said...

I love the name Brielle. I tossed them name out to Jared when we were pregnant with Josie. Jared didn't want a name that could shorten into a nickname (I wanted to call the baby Brie but name her Brielle. Jared said it could only be Brie. Maybe one day will have a baby named Brie and Elle as the middle name. :-) I really love the name Brynn too. I love Brynlee (but Jared would probably just make me go with Brynn). I guess we have a while to think about it. But I really really like your names so far. Good luck!

Kathryn said...

I love all your name choices KaLee. I can see why you are having a hard time! I think my faves are Bryson and Caden (Biased about Caden!) and for girls, Kamille and Isabella. Oh I love hearing names, makes all so excited and frustrating at the same time. We never agree on names and have a list to decide from everytime. I have to 'see' my baby before I can decide on a name as the name I loved and it was 'the' name changed as soon as I saw the baby. Both times. All the best for your last trimester. EXCITING!!

Jamie said...

Ok, I love your naming issue:) We have the same issues~ I think the name Tate is soo cute:) AND I like K's better (esp. since you have KaLee and Kendree, what is your C named kid going to do??) just kidding! AND P.S. Thanks again for the great idea of the t shirts:) YOU are awesome!

Stevens Family said...

I like K instead of C too. I have heard Brody a lot for boys lately... it's another Br name for your list... :)

I am sure you guys will pick a great name! Can't wait to meet your little bundle!