Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 weeks

And here we are, with just 10 weeks to go (CRAZY!). I went to the doctor this week and was weighed on the scale I normally am weighed on and what do you know?  I have gained 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks, not the 10 that last week's scale reported.  That lines up just right with my scale at home and the doctor said that they are officially taking me off of "weight watch" so now my appointments should just be the normal spacing (every 2 weeks until 36 weeks and then every week after that). I've finally seen every doctor that delivers babies in the office, so at least I know that I won't have a stranger with me (although for me, I don't know that it would really matter...as long as they can get that baby out as quickly as possible).

I'm feeling really good.  I have some sciatic pain on my left side, but if I keep moving, then it is easy to forget about. I got a massage this week (thanks Ronnie for the gift card last December!) and laying on my stomach felt amazing.  You forget how much you miss it!  The massage was nothing to scoff at either.

I haven't had any swelling yet and my heartburn has also been non-existent so far.  I'm feeling like I can be ready for a little someone to come in 10 weeks, but not much sooner than that. Baby is moving all of the time and doesn't let me forget there is a person in there for long.  I'm still able to "sleep" through the night but am using pillows all around me and turning over requires me to completely wake us (which is, I think, my least favorite thing about pregnancy).

Kendree now thinks that all belly buttons are called baby and if she sees one (hers, mine, Easton's) she must see every single belly button in the house.  Luckily these little events are all happening in the privacy of our home. :)  Easton reminds me occasionally that I can't run because "you have a baby."  Our "races" have pretty much stopped and I think he has to console himself a bit since he is now winning against a lady who can't even run.

Wanna look back? 28 weeks, 26 weeks, 24 weeks, 20 weeks, 18 weeks, 16 weeks.
Pregnancy with Kendree at 30 weeks.
Pregnancy with Easton at 30 weeks.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You look great and I'm glad you're feeling well too (minus the uncomfortable sleeping). That is definitely one of the worst parts of pregnancy.

Good luck with the last ten weeks! I'm excited for you.