Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gimme a D....V....R!

We were introduced to the magic that is DVR over a year ago when we got our HD television. Once we had the possibility of watching things in HD of course Ronnie HAD to have the HD channels.

Ronnie lives for sports in HD.

I don’t even know how to find the HD channels.

When we went into Comcast to add the HD channels I found out that we could get a DVR for just $5 more and had to have it.

It has changed my life.

I no longer deal with appointment television and can watch an hour program in forty minutes. Although this is all marvelous, it also means that I watch more shows—since they each take less time. I thought I would share the shows that I enjoy.

“24” Jack Bauer is the bomb—I don’t think I need to say anything else.








“Prison Break” I have to admit that I was leery about this one at first, but the characters grow on you and it has made me really think about our government on several occasions.



“The Unit” Now that I look at this list I think Ronnie has influenced me a bit. This is a great show about families in the army, plus it has David Palmer in it.






“Heroes” As out there as this show may appear—IT. IS. AWESOME. I love how one minute I am on the edge of my seat and the next I am laughing out loud.



“America’s Next Top Model” This is my guilty pleasure. I actually hate watching the entire episode but love the photo shoots and ending pictures.






"Amazing Race" This is a recent addition but one that I love. It is entertaining and surprisingly family friendly (except this year I have seen men kiss three times so far.)



“HGTV” Any time I do want to watch live television, this is what is on. I know I am a typical girl, but I love it.

*****Edited to Add*****

"LOST" Thanks, Bethany for the reminder! I can't believe I forgot our Wednesday night show! This is a great show, but I believe its one downfall is that you could never join in at the beginning of a new season, you have to watch it from the start. This season has been a bit of a drag, but I hear that this weeks episode is amazing (we'll watch it soon.)



Any recommendations for shows we are missing?*

*Before anyone kills us—we know “The Office” is awesome, but haven’t watched it from the beginning. We are in the process of catching up through the DVDs and will add it to our regular line-up soon.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Well I have a deep secret about a television show I watch and actually enjoy but I make Shane promise to never tell anyone I am a fan of it...Dog the Bounty Hunter. Yes that is right I watch it and laugh my heart out. It can be found on A&E on Tuesday nights. The other show I am recently enjoying is are you smarter than a 5th grader....no no I am not.

Bethany said...

Um, LOST! Whew, you should've seen it last night. I concur with Heroes. Keep up on the Office. Casey and I bought our Tivo because of this conversation:

Casey: How do you like your DVR?

KaLee: I would never not have one ever again.

We now have the same response to that same question. :)

Jen and Joe. said...

SO, one of MY favorite things about our DVR is that I can watch late-night television during the DAY. No more waiting up for David Letterman, Conan, or Craig Ferguson...I just have my little library and watch their monologues while I'm getting ready in the morning!