Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sacramento!

We have returned from the land of sunshine! I loved the weather—but who doesn’t love it? Friday was spent at McGeorge Law School. We were impressed with the classes, atmosphere and the fact we got to hear from the Attorney General, but were unimpressed by the fact that their school is ridiculously expensive.

My Aunt Nat and Uncle Jeremy showed us around the sights of Sacramento and I loved the feel of the city. It is surprisingly “country” feeling—it’s actually hard to describe. We got to eat in Old Sacramento and stopped for delicious salt water taffy.

Saturday morning we went to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairview and met my other two aunts in the area, Jill & Dan and Denise & Robert (with their two kids). I was amazed at what they had for sale in the shop and the process that goes into one little jelly bean.

Ronnie, me, Jill, Dan, Nat at the Jelly Belly Factory.

Ronnie and I sporting our sweet tour hats.


We even made it down to San Francisco (my first ever visit to the city) and did all the usual things, Lombard Street, Fisherman’s Wharf, etc.

The view of Lombard Street after our death-defying drive down.


Me and the Seals...there weren't a ton out, but they are still awesome.

Ronnie and I petting a shark. (I didn't actually touch it, but the picture sure looks like it huh?)


After all of our adventures, our decision is….

…we still don’t know. We have decided to pay the first deposit for Wyoming, due mainly to the fact that they need to know insanely soon, and then we will continue to try to narrow down our choices. We did get some excellent advice from a professor at McGeorge. She told us that if they had flown us out, they want us to be there and we should ASK for more money. I’ll continue to keep you updated.

4 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Does this mean you're ruling out Boston....? =)

Alex said...

It is pretty amazing what goes into a jellybean. They spend a ton of time making something that takes like 2 seconds or less to eat.

KaLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

KaLee, really now! What is wrong with Northwestern? Chicago is a great city!