Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandad and Grandma!

Both of my maternal grandparents have birthdays in March and they both happen to fall on the weekend, so while I technically missed Grandad’s birthday, I’m going to catch them both before Grandma’s. (No one should be allowed to have their birthday on the weekend; I have a much harder time remembering those.)

I have been blessed with the most wonderful grandparents ever! They are quick to show their love and supportive of everything I do. I have wonderful memories of spending one week each summer at their house (surprisingly those memories consist of the chores I had to do and dinner—nothing else.) They also took Erica, Adam and I to Nauvoo and the surrounding areas and it was amazing! Each room in their house has a specific memory and now that I live there, I relive my childhood daily.

I had the pleasure of living with them for a summer when I was single and grew to know them more personally. Grandma is a wonderful listener and Grandpa has profound advice (practically every time he speaks.) They are currently serving their third LDS mission on the Navajo Reservation in Arizona and learning about a whole new culture.

We love them and miss them! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Here's a shout out for the Denver Temple! Cute photo! :)

KaLee said...

Man, Bethany! you can spot the Denver Temple from a mile away. There is only about 3 feet of it showing! :)