We’re here—all in one piece and everything.
I’m happy to report that we were welcomed to our new apartment.
By a flood.
Ronnie and I have a bit of a water-curse.
EVERY place we have lived since we have been married has flooded.
I like to think that it can only get better.
Other than the torn-up carpet, we are settled and doing well. We were able to get a three bedroom apartment and even though we are only using two of them (the other was flooded), I am loving the space.
I’m sure that in a few weeks Laramie will really start to feel like home, instead of just a place we are visiting.
In job news—(I know all of you were anxiously awaiting that):
I have had two full days of training. The job entails quite a bit more than I anticipated. I don’t think it would be too overwhelming except for my boss started one week ago and also has no idea what we are doing, so after Thursday, we will just be flying solo and completely blind.
Aside from that, there is one definite perk.
The bathroom.
That’s right, I said the bathroom. Now, the building that I work in was built in 1960, it doesn’t have air conditioning and has never been updated, but the custodial staff sure does love us.
We are provided with:
Pleasant smelling air freshener.
A vase of fake flowers.
Real lotion (not that nasty-normal-bathroom kind).
A basket of complimentary feminine products.
And…
A basket of suckers, tootsie rolls, jolly ranchers and other various candies.
Yep. I said candies.
In the bathroom.
So now I ask…would you eat it? Do you think I did?
ETA: The answer is now in the comments.
5 comments:
This reminds me a little bit of the bathroom in the library in one of the "towns" in Yellowstone Park. They even had "O" magazine in there! I was thrilled....
WOW that is some bathroom sure beats BYUB. I think that you ate it and depending on if I knew the custodial staff I might eat it too. Glad you arrived safely. I am looking forward to hearing about all your new adventures.
You totally ate the candy and you probably went back for seconds without even needing to use the bathroom! Good to hear things are going well minus the water. But you don't need that other room for another couple of months. We're starting to gear up for the next move in 2ish weeks. Take care.
Did you ever see the episode of the Gilmore Girls about "urine mints?" It ruined me on bathroom refreshments.
Sorry--that was the first thing I thought of.
But cheers to your custodial staff, regardless...that's AWESOME. And I'm glad it seems as though everything has wrappers.
On another note...I'd be interested in comparing notes on the rental price of MY 3-bedroom in Boston vs. your 3-bedroom in Laramie. I'm willing to bet that I'd cry.
We miss you!
I totally ate a mint. I decided that if it was wrapped--I was safe. I am curious about urine mints though--it may make me rethink another snack.
Post a Comment