Monday, July 02, 2007

The New Job or How I Have Acclimated to Utah

So I think I'm going to like it.

I'll probably have a follow-up post on that in the next two-three weeks.

It seems simple enough, I work with seemingly fun people and they are very good with the praise aspect. The girl that I was replacing got no less than three standing ovations for her work.

I suppose that means I also have a lot to live up to, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

There were a few times when I had to remind myself that I was no longer at BYU.

Like the two times when we had cocktails and cheese before dinner. That was a little weird.

Or the BYU jokes that EVERYONE pulled out when I introduced myself.

Or the fact that we wore jeans to EVERY single meeting and event.

Or the clothes that 60+ year old women honestly thought they could pull off.

All in all, I enjoyed it and have decided that Ronnie will be forced to attend every event with me from now on--it was not fun when everyone else had a spouse to fall back on, and I had to make myself the third wheel.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

How funny. I can't wait for more Wyoming stories. The jeans thing is probably my favorite part. I'm jealous! I hope your move went very smoothly!