Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tag 2--Embarrassing Moments

The rules: Each player lists 6 facts/habits/embarrassing moments about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people.

First Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: I was 15 (yes that really is 1-5 and not just 5) and peed my pants at work. I have already told this story here, so I won’t waste space with it on this post.

Second Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: Most of my extended family lives in Utah. While I was going to school at BYU, Ronnie and I were my immediate family’s “representation” at all family functions. We were attending a large family reunion on my dad’s side just after Thanksgiving. I had made my delicious spinach and strawberry salad at home and had taken off my sweater during the preparations so it would not get dirty. About two hours into the reunion, a distant relative (so distant that I had never seen her before) informed me that my sweater was on inside out. You may think that not that many people had noticed, but this sweater had a hood and pocket on the right side, so all of those seams were proudly displaying themselves all night.

Third Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: I cannot whistle. Luckily, most of the time, I am able to go on living a normal life despite this fact, but every once in a while I have to hang my head in shame (like when my brother who was 4 at the time learned how). And don’t think that you are the wisest, greatest teacher of whistling—cuz many a person has been sorely disappointed when they try to teach me.

Fourth Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: I have been involved (aka: driving) in five accidents since I began driving. Three of them were my fault, and those three occurred within 1 year of obtaining my license. (Obviously I had a rough start to the whole driving thing.) My parents did not know about the second one until I moved back to Laramie this summer. It didn’t do any damage to my car and I had a friend fix the dent on the guy’s truck.

Fifth Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: I sometimes wear the socks I have had on all day to bed at night. Well, actually I don’t do it anymore, because Ronnie FREAKS out about it and closely watches to make sure I change my socks. Some nights, he makes me put on a new pair of socks again, because he didn’t SEE me put on the first pair of clean ones. In my parents’ defense, we were talking about this the other day and they also FREAKED out, so obviously I was taught at some time in my life that it was gross, but it just doesn’t bother me.

Sixth Fact/Habit/Embarrassment: I have to eat my foods one at a time. I never take one bite of potatoes and then one bite of steak, then a bite of salad. I select my least favorite food on the plate and then eat it all. Then I move on to my second least favorite, and so on. I do not like the fork to be “contaminated” and food CAN. NOT. TOUCH. (not ever!)

And now I tag: Anne Marie(private blog, sorry), Amber, Ginny, Jess, Lindsey, and Lauren.

2 comments:

Stevens Family said...

Jeff's brother also cannot let his food touch on the plate nor on the fork (I'm surprised he allows it to touch in his stomach - if this fact is pointed out I'm sure he will rethink that position). It's interesting that there is someone else with the same feelings on food touching.

Thank you for not tagging me. :)

Jen and Joe. said...

I am now wracking my brain to think of a time when I may have made dinner for you...and wondering what, if this ever happened, you chose to eat first. =)

I'm pretty sure I'm safe, though.