I know you have all been dying to see the new place here in Laramie and so a mere three months later, here is your personal tour. (Don't think that just because you have seen pictures of our house, it will replace an actual, real-life visit. Laramie offers things you CAN NOT get anywhere else--like us).
This is the outside of our 4-plex. We have the bottom, right apartment. It's not much to look at but it has a one-car garage-yea!
This is the outside of our 4-plex. We have the bottom, right apartment. It's not much to look at but it has a one-car garage-yea!
Another view of the outside.

This is what you see looking in our front door. I'm not in love with the fact that you enter into a dark hallway, but the fact that we are renting, and not owning makes it all okay.

This is the office/craft room. It is just to the left of the front door and is away from the rest of the house, making it perfect for Ronnie to study. He spends many hours at that desk.

A view of my craft area--I LOVE having a dedicated space. Don't think this is everything I have--that closet is jampacked!

Just as the hallway turns to the right, the bathroom is on your left. This is the first time that Ronnie and I have had double sinks-my reaction? Not really necessary.

Another view of the bathroom (I think two pictures may be overkill, but here they are nonetheless). That wooden thing cutting off the right side of the picture is a linen closet--my favorite feature in the bathroom! Do you see that brown metal thing by the floor next to the toilet? It is our electric heating unit. The entire house is heated with electricity and every room as one of these little things. Does anyone have experience with this kind of heat? I love that each room has a seperate controller, but am not so sure I love the idea of a $200 heating bill each month (that really was the high in this apartment last year).

This picture is standing in the bathroom doorway looking at the living room. Our bedroom is that doorframe to the right.

The view of our bedroom from the doorway. We love having three bedrooms, but they are not very spacious. This is the ONLY way our king-sized bed will fit (just ask my dad, Jordan or Ronnie--they tried everything!)
Another view of the bedroom, this time from the opposite side. 
And this is the view of the living room standing at the end of the hall. Seeing as how this complex was built in the 1980's, it does not have any overhead lighting in the living room--I HATE it! Why, oh why was that ever a trend?
Another view of the living room, this time I'm standing by the DVD player in the previous picture. You can see our back door to the left of the lamp.
An another view of the living room, this time standing by the back door. What time was I doing this little tour? Why 6:05pm of course. That last door you can see is the guest room/baby's room.
This is the view of the guest/baby's room from the doorway. It looks pretty cozy, you should probably come try it out!
The view of the guest/baby's room from the foot of the bed. That mattress leaning up against the wall is right where the crib will go (when we finally figure out how to put it together--Dad, are you reading this? Come help us!)
And now out into the main area again. This is the kitchen. As you can see, I have taken over 1/2 of the kitchen table for my sewing projects. The other 1/2 is still dedicated to eating. That closed door you see leads to the laundry room (a must-have on my apartment list).
Another view of the kitchen. I really like the open feel of it, but would love more cupboard space (Do you know any woman who is truly satisfied with her amount of cupboard space?)
This is our little patio off the back door and our VERY dirty grill.
And finally, this is the grass area we call our own--it's looking a little sad right now, but at least it doesn't have any snow on it (that is saying a lot for October in Laramie).
The view of the guest/baby's room from the foot of the bed. That mattress leaning up against the wall is right where the crib will go (when we finally figure out how to put it together--Dad, are you reading this? Come help us!)
And now out into the main area again. This is the kitchen. As you can see, I have taken over 1/2 of the kitchen table for my sewing projects. The other 1/2 is still dedicated to eating. That closed door you see leads to the laundry room (a must-have on my apartment list).
Another view of the kitchen. I really like the open feel of it, but would love more cupboard space (Do you know any woman who is truly satisfied with her amount of cupboard space?)
This is our little patio off the back door and our VERY dirty grill.
And finally, this is the grass area we call our own--it's looking a little sad right now, but at least it doesn't have any snow on it (that is saying a lot for October in Laramie).Hope you enjoyed your little tour! Now you need to come see it in person!
8 comments:
A picture on the right wall in the hallway as you come into the door will lighten up that "dark hallway". Good Job Ronnie! Study hard! Hard! Hard! (I guess you have to study and read the books as there aren't any movies...) We are proud of you! Except that I thought your dad taught you a thing or two and you would have put that crib together by now (unless you have been studying and not gotten to it). Your apartment is great - we can say that from first hand knowledge. And everyone...that guest bed is very comfortable! You really should go vistit (but not the week the baby comes, we are coming!) Love Ray and Karen
I’m getting total 80’s flashbacks from this post! First, the Madness song (you know that thanks to Baskin Robbins, right?), and then the heater. One of my college apartments at USU had those heaters. I liked that we could control the temperature in each room, but also remember them being pricey to run, even way back when. You might ask your Dad – he lived in the same complex a few years before me. Besides, he’s the heating guy, so he should know either way.
About the crib – the manufacturer’s website might have the assembly manual you need, unless of course you're just looking for a tool man. (Go Ronnie, Grant, Dan, and/or Jordan! ... sorry Adam). Good Luck with that.
Hey, we did see your place when we were there in July. Just the outside (you were out of town), but that counts, right? Doesn’t that deserve a prize? (I'm still trying to win your awesome cards, in case you couldn't tell).
Denise
The first thing I am jealous of is the washer and dryer, and the second thing is your organization! BEAUTY. I love the view of the living room from the DVD player, it looks so pretty and cozy! If you are currently taking reservations, we would like to know your vacancies and if there are any blackout dates.
You go in halfies with us on plane tickets and we'll try out the cozy guest bedroom! (Of course you'd have to magically make class disappear too)
Ray and Karen--thanks for the recommendation! I'm ashamed to say this, but there are about 20 pictures sitting in the trunk of Ronnie's car that STILL have not been unpacked--two of them are destined for that hallway.
Denise--quite a memory you have, yes, Baskin Robbins is to blame for my love of the 80's. And yes, you can count yourself as visted since you were here and WE were not. :)
Bethany--reservations are wide open--anytime you want to brave the drive!
Shorters--I guess if we both pool our loan money we should be able to come up with something, right?
Very nice Kalee! Looks a lot more roomy than your place in Provo. I bet that third bedroom really makes a difference. I can't wait for more space.
I Love it!! I am totally jealous of the third bedroom. We also have the heater dillies like you, luckily we don't pay for heat. We do however pay a pretty penny to keep our window ac units running. I love your new furniture!
Miss ya
-Jess
Hey, KaLee! How are you doing? I love your blog and if you don't mind, I'll add you to our blog links. Check out our blog, too! It was great to see you in Greeley! Let us know when your baby comes! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment