Friday, October 19, 2007

Crib Bedding...kind of

So after months of promises, I have pictures of some of the crib bedding. My wonderful dad came over last night and explained where the two mystery metal pieces went (the only part Ronnie and I were stumped over) and the crib is up!Here you can see the bed skirt which is made of the same material as the valance. I tied the front two panels of the bumper so you could get an idea of how it will look, but since I don't own a single crib sheet yet, the bumpers are obviously coming out soon.

And here is the inside of the bumper. You can see 5 of the 6 fabrics I used for this project here. The bumper was probably the easiest part of the entire thing. I bought padded panels made just for crib bumpers from the local quilt shop and they are perfect!

This is a close up of the 6th fabric and is the one on the outside of the bumpers. I LOVE the Moda fabric I was able to find for this project.

And here we see the 90 quilt squares ready to be assembled when I return from Utah. I probably should have picked a wee-bit easier pattern than the rail fence quilt I am attempting, but live and learn!

Now, I just have to get a shelf up and decorated and name this little one so I can order this wall decoration for over the crib.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Glad Ronnie decided on WY for law school because the cowboy theme is supper cute and so fitting. Nice job on everything I can't wait to see the finished quilt and the baby inside the crib.

Lindsey said...

Hooray you got it put together! I can't wait until a baby is inside the crib. If I was as talented as you I would make a set for Brinley, but who am I kidding..it wouldn't turn out anyway so I will probably just end up buying some. It turned out really cute!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Moda is my favorite too. You did such a great job. You're little cowboy's going to love it!