Monday, September 24, 2007

Wherein I fulfill promises

All of my talk about the elusive sewing projects is probably getting old, so it is finally time for some pictures. We were given a crib by my parent's neighbors--so naturally it did not come with instructions. We thought about putting it together a few nights ago, but after looking at all of the parts, decided we needed a little more time to work with. Ronnie's to-do list includes this chore this week. :)
So, in lieu of the crib bedding, I will share a few other projects:

This is the valence that matches all of the crib bedding. It has a pleat in the middle that is difficult to see in pictures (believe me, I took a million) and is made of blue bandanna fabric.

I am also proud to announce that I finished my first quilt top! This was made out of a kit I bought here and was my trial before I cut into my precious crib bedding fabric. I'm really pleased with the results and will have both this quilt and the crib quilt quilted at the same time--so this won't be done for a while.

I have also had requests to see my pregnant belly and promise those will be up by the end of the week--although I can't promise any spectacular photography work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! Can't wait to see the whole room! (and our grandson when we come)
Karen