I like to think that I am considerate.
I have been taught how to address adults, the proper manner of responding to requests, and to write a thank-you note whenever necessary.
Because that is what nice, considerate people do.
I fear that our youth are not getting that education.
This morning I received the following text message:
“Hey coach. I’m not sure if you got my text yesterday but i verbally committed to boston college yesterday”
Obviously this text was not meant for me. I can only assume that it was meant for a sports coach at the University of Wyoming and that the person who sent it was being recruited and has since decided to go elsewhere.
Since when is a text message an appropriate way to decline an offer? Especially a text message that is poorly written?
I can only hope that the first text message (the one sent yesterday) was sent to the correct number so that Wyoming does not continue recruiting this person and that as a result of the stupidity shown they have now ruled out anyone who was educated in the same household and/or school.
I could continue this post by giving you my opinion on text messaging in general, cutting in lines, phone call etiquette and many other topics, but I think you all get the gist.
No comments:
Post a Comment