Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall is in the Air

It seems as though the instant that we are into September you can feel it. The air is a little crisper, the nights a little cooler and the sun a little less intense.

I love fall. I love the colors, the smells and the foods (doesn’t it seem like there are certain foods you make just during this time of year?)

I do not love the fact that in anywhere from one week to one month, Laramie will be hit with that dreadfully long season we call winter. There will be no warning, and it will not let up until well into May (if trends continue).

I’m trying to prepare myself mentally, but I find it incredibly hard. I had to put on socks to warm up before bed two nights ago and it was almost as if I was admitting defeat.

In family news, Ronnie continues to work very hard every day! I am so proud of his continued dedication. Now if we can just get our laptop back in our hands (three attempts at shipping and none have been successful—which begs the question…ShippERs fault or USPS fault?) we will be truly up and running.

As always, I am busy with my sewing projects (which will be posted soon I promise—I’ve completed the bed skirt, valance and bumper, we just need to actually set up the crib), stamping like a mad woman, and squeezing in episodes of The Office and Alias whenever possible (how did I ever miss those two shows?).

Hopefully something exciting, but not TOO exciting will happen soon so this blog can get back to being a little more entertaining.

3 comments:

Shorter family said...

Seriously, I am thinking the same thing about missing "Alias" and "The Office." I am very excited for season 3 of "The Office" to come out so we can see more and as soon as you are ready for some more "Alias" dvds let us know.
I am also torn about the fall. I love the cooler weather and am very excited for the New England fall, but I am not going to love what follows.
-miss ya

Stevens Family said...

What is the theme for the baby's room? Any names decided on yet?

Anne Marie said...

KaLee don't you know there is a FedEX for that?