Monday, September 10, 2007

The first sign

...of clumsiness.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not the picture of grace, but usually I can stay on my feet.

This is not the case anymore.

They tell you about it in all of the books and warn you about it in every weekly email.

When you are pregnant, your center of balance is off....really off.

I have noticed a small difference when doing little things like climbing stairs, and putting on pants, but have always been able to recover.

Yesterday, on my way out of church I tripped.

I tripped, rolled my ankle and fell in the parking lot.

I'd like to believe that it was as graceful as possible, but my sore ankle and skinned knee attest to the opposite.

Did I mention we are in a new ward? And that this was our first full-block church meeting? And that it was a chance for me to make a good impression?

I certainly know how to pick my timing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tripped up a curb with my first pregnancy, at about 6 months,and I did not like Ray much that night when he made me put my foot in a bathtub of ice water to keep the swelling down. Hope that Ronnie did not do that to you. Karen

Shorter family said...

Thanks for sharing KaLee. I just took a break from studying and read the story. Just the comic relief I needed. I hope that the fiasco looked as good as I'm picturing it. Hope your ankle heals well and you regain your balance at some point.