Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No Progress

This post is about the pregnancy and how I am not one of *those* people who have their babies early. If you don’t care to hear about such things, move along.

I went to the doctor yesterday.

It was the one I don’t really like (since they force you to see everyone in the office, even after you have clearly found one you like the most).

The baby is great, he is growing (no estimate on size), and I feel really good for a 39 week pregnant lady. Warning—more information than you may care to know: I am 50% effaced but not dilated at all. I have been this way since they started checking two weeks ago. Oh, and I also have not dropped yet.

The doctor then told me that he would see me next week and that it may be a good idea to start talking to my uterus about having contractions (Really? Don’t you know I want this child in here forever?)

I proceeded to ask if he was sure that I wasn’t one of *those* ladies who have contractions, but don’t know about them. He smiled and then answered, “No.” (So much for my dreams of a pain-free, drug-free, 20 minute labor and delivery).

So, if I call you this week—be prepared that as soon as you say “Hello” I will immediately respond with “No baby yet” and then we can proceed to solve the world’s problems via telephone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear your pain!! I went into labor with Harrison on July 8th, went to the Dr to get "checked". She said I was well on my way to delivering by the end of the day, but I had a few hours, and I could go home and pack my bag and take Maya to Grandma's house. She said she would see me back in a few hours...... Harrison was eventually born July 26th.... Talk about the longest 2 1/2 weeks of my life!! Hang in there! I promise to never ask you if you're "STILL PREGNANT?"

Jill said...

I am sure you have heard it all, but raspberry herbal tea is supposed to help your uterus along...then maybe you won't have to talk to it! Good luck, this is so exciting!!

Bethany said...

This little one is just too comfortable! And maybe stubborn. ;) Maybe he's just waiting for the right moment to surprise you with an all-the-sudden, quick, and easy delivery. I'll hope for that! I just can't wait to see his face!

Lauren said...

So sorry, KaLee. That's the worst when you just want that little one here and to be "unpregnant". Hang in there and we're thinking about you! You might go try to do some flips on the trampoline...

Shorter family said...

Maybe you will be like me...have your water break, get to the hospital and still three hours later not be dilated AT ALL! Thank goodness for patocine or I'd still be in labor (13 months later).
Fear not, you will not be pregnant forever, even though it seems like it. Believe it or not there will be days where you want to put them back in, so enjoy the quiet!
-Jess