Monday, June 30, 2008

The place where we dwell

Here it is--the long awaited apartment tour. I'll put the captions *above* the picture that I am describing. I don't really know what is standard in that regard.

A view of the living room.
And this is the view into the kitchen/dining area. I love the open floor plan, but could use a bigger kitchen for sure.
And here is a view from the couch. The door on the left is the front door and the door on the right is Easton's room. That ugly grill is our air intake for the heating and A/C (yes, we do have A/C-hallelujah!) so we can't cover it up.
A view of the kitchen. We are going to be putting up a shelf next to the cabinet that in set into the wall for the microwave to live on. That way I can have a *tiny* bit more counter space.
And here is the dining room. That bin is awaiting all of the clothes that Easton has outgrown so it can go to long-term storage.
Now we will move into Easton's room. Here is the view straight ahead from the doorway. You can see the door to the walk-in closet (BOTH bedrooms have one) and the built in bookshelves.
A view of the office/stamping space part of the room.
And a view of where Easton's area starts.

Here is the crib. Easton has almost made the adjustment to a new home. He is still waking up twice a night (instead of the once he was doing previously), but I think he feels like this is home now.
This is the view of the built in shelves I just mentioned. They are great for game and kid book storage.
You know that I really love you since I am showing you the inside of this closet. The closet in Easton's room houses all of my craft/stamping stuff as well as our short term storage (or things we get into more than once a year).
Another shot of the closet. In order to redeem my organization status, I'll have you notice that every drawer is labeled. Does that count for something?
As we exit out of Easton's room and turn left, this is the view. The bi-fold doors on the right are the laundry closet and the other door on the right is the linen closet. The open door on the left (of which you can only see hinges) is the bathroom.
And here is the bathroom. Nothing too exciting, we put up the over-the-toilet cabinet to try and combat the lack of storage in this room.
And here is my laundry closet. I love my new washer and dryer. Why is the blue protective plastic still on, you ask? I am my mother's daughter. Taking it off means that they are no longer "new." My previous washer and dryer (which we sold before moving to Laramie) still had the plastic on after a year and a half. My grandparents (who purchased them for their cabin) were THRILLED.
And now we walk into the master bedroom. I really need something above the bed--but have no idea what. Suggestions? The major problem is that the height of the headboard means that normal artwork doesn't look quite right.
A slight turn to the right from the doorway.
And now I am standing by the headboard. The door to the outside leads to the patio area (which can also be accessed through the kitchen) and the closed door is the one that goes to the hall.
The closed door on the left is the one that goes to the hall and the other closed door is to our walk-in closet. (yes, that is a moose antler on top of the armoire)
A view into our closet. I just have one thing to say about this. It is HUGE!
And these are the shelves that are on one entire side of the closet. I am in love with them.
Finally, this is our patio area. The open door goes into the kitchen and the door straight ahead is the one I discussed in our bedroom. You can also see our storage closet.
Do you feel at home? I'm starting to. No pictures of the outside since this is a fairly recognizable complex in Laramie and while I like to believe there are no crazies out there, the truth is--they exist.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that our patio opens right up to the playground and sandbox for the complex, which I am sure Easton will LOVE in the future.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

So beautiful. You guys found such a great place! Nice work, pretty sure you are the fastest/best organizer ever. And yep, I am once again reminded of how bad I want a washer and dryer... And a bigger kitchen, even if it's that size! ;) Love it.

Stevens Family said...

Looks great! We've been living in our current place for almost 2 years - I'm not going to take pictures of my closests :)

Above the bed: fabric canopy/mock curtains? I couldn't find a picture, but I saw it on HGTV sometime. They could frame the headboard or just be used as a panel behind it.

Lindsay said...

What a lovely little spot you've got! And I have to say that I am envious of all your storage space! You lucky girl, you!

Jill said...

cute place! we will be moving soon and I am dreading the pack-up...I could use a few of your organizational skills!

Erica said...

Ka-
It looks great! I feel like I have already been there:)

Erica

Maria said...

What a nice place! Is it in the Conemarra (sp?) apartments? The front room looks similar to one of my friend's who lives there.

Anonymous said...

Good house decoration. One can make the house more live by using glass bi fold doors and windows, letting the daylight peep into your home.