Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I love Wyoming

because when it is exceptionally windy (wait, what day isn't?) and you are loading groceries into the car with your son, a stranger will approach you, compliment you on how cute your baby is and then offer to take your cart for you so you don't have to trek to the cart corral*.

*leaving your cart in the middle of the parking lot is just NOT an option. Right, Jen?

5 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

you know it! to me, there's no worse offense than leaving a cart in the middle of the lot.

D.B. said...

right, i've been a cart collector, it makes you question the intelligence/laziness of society

Kathryn said...

I had a girl speak to me when I was pregnant, sick with morning sickness and loading Cade in the car about taking my cart back, gees lady give me a chance I was putting a child in the car!! I was NOT impressed. I ALWAYS take my cart back (hence the reason I park right by a cart corral!! :)
I need more of your Wyoming people than the oh so lovely lady that spoke to me!!

Unknown said...

I love Cali - you don't have to worry about the wind! (except on Santa Ana days). But I do take my cart back too. I hate it when you try to park and they are all over the place, just making the spot too small to park.

JMG said...

This is a big pet peeve of mine. . .folks in Michigan and Texas seemed to always commit this offense of not returning the cart---and in Michigan I stopped counting the number of people who would honk at me when I would return my cart to the corral because it was delaying them from taking my space(though the parking spots were plentiful about 5-7 back)---Yes talk about lazy!!!!