So I started brainstorming and came up with the following list:
- Walking under ladders (one I really believed in grade school)
- Black cats crossing your path (again, in grade school)
- Stepping on cracks in the sidewalk (probably only believed this one from age 4-6)
- Holding your breath when driving past cemeteries
- Lifting up your feet when driving over cattle guards so the trolls that live underneath don't get you
- Knocking on wood (one that Ronnie truly believes and makes me do as well)
Anything to add to my list?
5 comments:
Off the top of my head I thought of broken mirror...7 years bad luck.
Not sure if these count, but... Lucky horseshoe or rabbits foot.
666
Garlic/crosses/mirrors to ward off vampires
Carrying the bride over the threshold (I forget why, but there is a reason)
When you married, the something old, something new, something (can't remember) and something blue (also a reason that I can't remember, but I'm sure a google search would answer)
I hope this helps... :)
I just stayed on the 13th floor at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe. When we got our room number from the front desk I shivered a little, but nothing bad happened! I guess some buildings do have a 13th floor, but they shouldn't!
I think I have the same superstitions...only what the heck is a cattle guard?
Cattle guards are metal pieces that are slatted that ranchers put at every fence line across roads. Cars can drive over them no problem, but cows' legs will drop through the slats, so they can't leave that area, and you don't have to have a gate. I'm sure if you google image search "cattle guard" you can see what I mean.
Post a Comment