KaLee, you are so darn stylish! Where in heavens name do you get your clothes?
Okay, so I may have embellished that question a bit! :) As I'm sure is true with most people, I don't have a go to store that always works for me. I tend to shop at the following places fairly regularly: TJ Maxx, Ross, Maurices, Target, Wal-mart, Kohls, and Shade Clothing. There are always those places that you will stop for a quick look, but these are my staples. The only thing I live by? You've got to try it on! I will take pretty much anything off the racks at Ross in my size, even if I don't really like it at all--and you know what? About 50% of the time I end up loving something I thought was fairly hideous on the hanger.
A few specific notes:
I buy pretty much all of my dresses and skirts from Ross and TJ Maxx. They almost never disappoint me (again, after trying on about 20 articles).
I recently found an undershirt that I love! Half Tees Plus, the founder totally graduated from high school here in Laramie, so we have to support the local girls, you know? I love this for the lack of bulk (for those shirts where length is not the issue, but the neckline may be), and as Amanda says on the site, for the ease of nursing.
I really struggle to find tops that fit me well, since I am on the large side in the chest area. I will try on top after top after top and never really be satisfied. Lately, I've taken to actually tailoring my shirts by myself. I buy the larger size that fits me up top and then tailor the sides so it no longer feels like a boat around my middle. I know you are all thinking that that is too hard for you to do, but what do you have to lose? For me, they were shirts that I hated to wear anyway, so I felt like it was worth the risk. The nice thing about taking things in is that you don't have to cut until you know that it fits and you can always unpick your stitching!
I know that every one has their own struggles when it comes to clothes--but hopefully something I've shared helps!
2 comments:
Thanks KaLee! I always think you are dressed cute. I have the same feelings about Ross, I grab something not really into the pattern or style but when I put it on... it's a winner! I have also liked alot of the styles at Marshalls, have you ever shopped there? Much like TJ Maxx and Ross.
I didn't know Amanda had started selling half shirts. And I couldn't decide for sure, but was that Jodie in a few of the pictures? It is a great idea, I will have to consider getting one.
Post a Comment