Thursday, April 08, 2010

The gift I almost kept

A good friend had a birthday this week, and I found a fun new project to make and give to her.

The only problem?

I loved it so much when I was done, I had to force myself to give it away.

I can always make another one--right?

I found the tutorial here and feel like her pictures of the finished product are better, but for the sake of documenting, here is my little hostess apron. (I have a white skirt on, which is a bit confusing, as it looks like another weird layer).
Overall, this was really easy, just took some time ironing to hem all of the layers.  Next time I make one I'm totally using my "rolled hem" foot on my sewing machine.

Also, Ronnie just didn't get it.  I told him it was a hostess apron and he asked what it was good for, and I explained that you would wear it to be cute, and show that youareinchargeherethankyouverymuch, but I still don't think he gets it.  Boys.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

HAHAHA, I laughed out loud at your Ronnie comment, total Cory comment that was!! Especially the "youareinchargeherethankyouverymuch"

You are cute KaLee, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

If that were my birthday gift, I'd have a lot more birthdays!

Cindy said...

Love it! Some things guys just don't get.