Monday, April 12, 2010

Burning Questions: My Answers

Thanks to all of you for your answers to my burning questions!  It was great to get some other opinions/stories.  I'll just go ahead and warn you that in true KaLee fashion, my answers may be longer/contain more information than you care to know, but it's my blog and I can do what I want! :)

When you eat a baked potato, do you "hollow" it out and only eat the meat of the potato, or do you eat it all, even the skins?
Both of my parents eat their entire potato, so I grew up believing that "grown ups" eat all of the potato.  I hollowed my potato out all through college and then one day after Ronnie and I were married I decided that I was officially grown up and began eating the entire thing.  Since starting to do that I have been informed by more than one person that it is not normal.  Thanks to those of you that made me feel like I had some kindred spirits out there!

Have you ever broken a toilet seat?
I, myself, have never broken a toilet seat.  The other day I was giving Easton a bath and leaned over to grab something while sitting (on top) of the toilet and it made a weird popping noise and I thought that I had, hence the question.  I will say that I really believe that toilet seats get brittle after a certain amount of time though.  Also, Ronnie being the germ-a-phobe that he is, makes us buy a new toilet seat to install every where that we have lived (minus family's houses--we trust them).  They are super cheap and really worth every penny.

Do you really get over the "ick" factor of a dog licking you if you live with one for long enough?
Your responses were great on this one.  I can't STAND dogs licking me, but feel like it should be something I should be able to tolerate as long as it isn't on my face.  I'm working on it.

Do you address your aunts and uncles with the aunt and uncle titles?  Do you use them when you talk about your siblings to your kids?
I've been trying to make up my mind as far as what I want to do with Easton, now that he can actually address his aunts and uncles by name.  I grew up not using the titles, unless I was talking about my aunts and uncles to someone else, but Ronnie grew up using the titles at all times.  I don't use the titles when talking about my siblings, again, unless there is someone around that the converstation would make more sense to with the titles thrown in there.  Clear as mud?  My one worry is that I will be contributing to all the disrespect that us adults complain about all of the time.

Motorcyles--Awesome or Death in Metal Form?
I'll admit my opinion is a bit misinformed, seeing as I have never actually ridden one, but judging from the fact that snowmobiles and 4-wheelers cause me to scream like a little girl and constantly tell whomever is driving to "SLOW DOWN RIGHT NOW!"  I'm going to have to say that death it is.

Thanks again for playing along!  Maybe when I get a new list of questions I can't stand to have unanswered, we'll do this again.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

This was a fun idea - I enjoyed reading through your answers.

D.B. said...

Just saw your posts, I'm stalling, so I'll answer you previous post:
--usually just the middle, but sometimes I just mash the whole thing and eat it all, I think someone told me the nutrients are in the skin once,
--haven't broken a toilet seat, the kids think it's a stool though and have broke them from sideways pressure
--dogs are 'ick' period
--mixture on aunts and uncles, but i had some cousins that used the titles for my parents and we didn't for theirs and i think it caused some angst, the ones i don't know as well or that are older i tend to use the titles with, the more familiar, less the title, try to use them when teaching our kids
--motorcycles can be pretty safe, driving cars can be pretty dangerous, problem w/ cycles is there is no room for error on your part or the cars not watching for you