We'll just update you on a little bit of the normal. You know I love me some bullet points.
- Ronnie and I got new callings. We were called to be Primary workers. He is to be a "permanent sub" helping with whatever they need help with for the week, and I'm the chorister. We'll be in the ward through July, so it will be nice to have callings and be able to serve for a few months.
- This is Ronnie's last week of school and then finals weeks begin. Every semester this part gets easier (for me at least, I can't speak for him), but it doesn't stop me from dreading it just the same.
- Easton seems to have reached a semi-normal state. Overall, he is doing so much better. Don't get me wrong, he is still two and he still flips out, but I feel like "our Easton" is this close to coming back. (And I am aware I said essentially this exact same thing a little while ago).
- Kendree is a great baby. She's teased me by sleeping through the night two different times now (something that Easton NEVER did), and on a normal night she's sleeping for 5-6 hours at least before waking for her one feeding.
- However, Kendree is dealing with some serious skin issues. The doctor told me last week that she appears to have VERY sensitive skin, and that must be true because this weekend her face broke out in the saddest looking rash. I'm treating it as instructed and as best as I can tell she is reacting to the laundry detergent on our clothes (since only the parts of her head and face that touch us when burping, feeding, etc are effected). Looks like I'll be doing all of our laundry with Dreft for a while.
- As for me, it's time for my tri-annual work meeting. Hip-hip-hooray. Everything is ready to go though, so it shouldn't be too stressful.
3 comments:
I'm the primary chorister, too. It's the best calling EVER. You'll love it. (I've been doing it for three years now....and I'm sort of panicking about how to do it with a newborn, but you know, whatever).
What a bummer that you're going to be putting in all of that work and then leaving so close to the primary program!
Also, I have the feeling that you'll have some great singing time ideas...so pass those on when you get a chance, k? =)
(As someone with ULTRA-sensitive skin, I totally feel for Kendree. It's a lifelong annoyance, for sure).
Yay! I love Primary!
Brooke had skin reactions too. We tried the sample of DREFT, but then I got lazy and we just started using anything that was "free & clear" (like ALL free & clear, and SUN free & clear). Basically whatever's cheapest and free of frangrances and clear of dyes. We still try to use free & clear since Brooke still gets rashes and eczema.
Jackson has sensitive skin, give Jill a call. She found a few things that worked. Like move to a more humid climate! As one who has suffered with skin issues for 54 years I hope Kendree out grows it. Some do.
Post a Comment