[I apologize in advance if this post is boring or not at all interesting to you. I just thought it might be helpful to someone, so I wrote it. :) ]
I've been working for a week and a half now and thought I would give a little update on how it all works around our household. I work daily from 8a.m. to noon and work is just a five minute drive away.
Successfully getting out the door on time really boils down to two things, both of which are completely controlled by me. 1. Nighttime preparation and 2. Actually getting up when the alarm goes off.
Every night I get Easton's lunch packed and put it in the fridge, set out both Easton's and Kendree's clothes, get the bottle supplies into a bag and at least think about what I might want to wear the next day (I try to give myself three options, so even if I am fickle, I don't have an entire closet of clothes to choose from--even though I technically do...).
Then, when my alarm goes off at 6a.m. I MUST get up. The schedule works best if I can be completely ready by 6:45, although I have a few minutes to play with there. The days when Ronnie doesn't have class until 9:30 are a breeze, since he takes over Easton entirely and I just have to worry about Kendree. The two days when his class is at 8a.m. are a little more tag-team, but still have been totally manageable so far, I'm lucky he is such a great help!
In order to be at work on time, we must leave our house by 7:40a.m. (out the door, not actually driving). Dropping off the kids is a breeze as Easton knows the routine (since he's been doing this his entire life) and sometimes is waving "Bye, Mama!" before I've finished giving a morning update to either my mom or sister.
I've found it easiest to have a "supply bag" at each of my sitters locations. That way, they already have wipes, diapers, medicine, extra clothes, blankets and burp cloths ready to go and I am just bringing food for both kids daily.
I'll admit that the last thing I want to be doing at 9p.m. is preparing for the next day, and the last thing I want to do when my alarm goes off is actually get up, but I'm thankful every day that I JUST. DO. IT.
P.S. A small shout out to my Kendree-girl for only getting up once per night. She's the reason I'm staying sane.
3 comments:
It sounds like you have your system down to a science. I too found, after I had Ashlee, that if we needed to get out the door fast I had to get up and get ready first thing. And the same holds true today. Everything flows better and is faster when the mom is all ready.
You are amazing! I'm glad you're surviving and staying sane. :)
I always love reading about your planning/organizing techniques, you're too good at it. What time do you go to bed, in order to get up without feeling miserable? (like I do these days...I go to bed far too late.)
Post a Comment