Happy Friday! We're supposed to have nice weather (for Wyoming) around these parts this weekend, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Because I do things without explanation--I have some questions that have been driving me crazy. Don't worry, after you share, I'll be sure to let you know my answers on Monday. In the meantime, I can't wait to see what you all think.
When you eat a baked potato, do you "hollow" it out and only eat the meat of the potato, or do you eat it all, even the skins?
Have you ever broken a toilet seat?
Do you really get over the "ick" factor of a dog licking you if you live with one for long enough?
Do you address your aunts and uncles with the aunt and uncle titles? Do you use them when you talk about your siblings to your kids?
Motorcyles--Awesome or Death in Metal Form?
10 comments:
Hi KaLee,
I hollow it out, Tadd eats the whole thing.
Never broken a toilet seat.
Dogs are ick. Period. Licking or no licking.
I always use the "Aunt Uncle" titles. To our kids, all aunts are "Auntie" (at least my sisters are Auntie, the sister in laws are just Aunt, I guess I never realized that.)
Motorcycles are all death traps. Live with a funeral director for a while and you'll see why.
Can't wait to see what your answers are on Monday.
No potato skins.
I've sat on a toilet seat and had it slip out from under me. Can't tell you whether I was responsible for the damage or not.
Dogs are always icky.
I don't use the titles of aunt and uncle.
Death in metal form.
I eat only the 'meat' of the potato.
I haven't broken a toilet seat, but I broke the back of the unit, the top lid thingo, that's good english isn't it! ;)
I always thought dogs licking was way gross, especially from big dogs, but my mother-in-law has a small house dog, who is really human in dog form, and I allow her to lick as she is seriously the cleanest dog ever, plus I have grown with her, she was a puppy when Cory and I got married and I NEVER, EVER thought I would like a dog to lick me or my kids.
I always use the "Aunt Uncle" with my in-laws but for some reason I just call my sisters and brother by their name and so does Cade, if I say who I am talking to, I say, "Aunty Allison" etc and Cade will get on the phone and say, "Hi Allison" no Aunty etc titles. hmmm, maybe I should be working on that?!
I HATE Motorcycles. Total death traps. I can see the fun, but I have a brother that almost died... TWICE... from motorcycle accidents. I swear those that love them, never learn from them.
Good 'burning questions'... might have to think of some for myself....
Baked potato... depends on the mood. Usually I leave it in the skin and then only eat the skin if I'm still hungry when I'm done with the rest of the potato.
The kids have dropped the seat and broken it. Does that count as me breaking one? We've had to replace them almost everywhere we've lived. At least you can get them for really cheap (and why I don't just automatically replace them when we move in I'm not sure... that would probably be easier than scrubbing someone else's nasties off before we move in).
Yes, we got over the "ick" right away. This doggy stole our hearts (even Jeff's who swore he'd never like her).
I stopped addressing them with titles after I had kids. It just felt strange. But I don't care if someone calls me Aunt Aubrey or just Aubrey. No big deal.
Hollow it out. Clay eats it all. Although, I have taken a few bites from one from Outback, they have some yummy outer goodness.
Never broken a toilet seat. I am hoping you have a story to tell about that one.
I am allergic, so I have never been licked, but I am very icked out about it. Yuck!
Yes, I address my aunts and uncles as such and do so about my siblings to my kids. (Clay addresses them as Awwwwnt and uncle:) P.s. So crazy to be the one with the accent now!
Motorcycles are definitely suicidal, but I think that has only been since having kids.
Love potato skins.
Never had a toilet seat break.
Dog licking is a big 'ick'.
I still say 'Aunt Letha' and 'Aunt Joyce'. I think we have always been 'greg and cindy'. We refer to my girls as 'Auntie Candise, Auntie Amber, Auntie Jill'. The boys are 'Uncle Scott, Uncle Paul and Uncle Max'. We will see what sticks!
No to motorcycles.
Anything else????
Don't like potato skins. Too chewy.
I have never had a toilet seat break while sitting on it. It has broken while someone else sat on it. They will remain nameless...
Dog licking is 'icky'. Although I don't think I minded as much when we had Pepper.
I don't really address any of our aunts and uncles to their face by saying "Aunt Cindy", but I do think at times we may say that when we are talking about them. As far as for Alayna, I do say "Aunt Sarah, Aunt KaLee, Uncle Adam, Uncle Jordan..."
I would have to say no to motorcyles. Although, I have ridden on one, and it was somewhat fun, but mostly scary.
-I hollow out my baked potato.
-I haven't broken a toilet seat, but I have sat on one that was broken and fell into the toilet water as a result. YUCK!
-When I grew up with dogs, I didn't mind licks at all. Now that I don't have them, it's a little bit icky, especially on my hands and face. Although it doesn't bug me if they lick my kids.
-I only refer to my aunts and uncles with titles in conversation. Yes, I use them when I talk about my siblings to my kids. However, when addressing my siblings, my kids just use their first names. I hope that makes sense.
-Motorcycles are DEATHLY! Tyler is not allowed to even ride one!
I like the whole potato--skins and all.
Never broken a toilet seat.
Dog liking is yicky....
It totally depends on the aunt or the uncle. Some people care about the title so I try to use it with them.
Motorcycle = Awesome (but admittedly can be death in metal form)
Hey KaLee. As far as the baked potato goes it depends. Somedays I'm super picky and think the skin is nasty and ugly looking and I just hollow it out. Other times I want that "extra nutrition" (as my gma says) so I eat it.
I don't think I've broken a toilet seat. But I HATE the toilet in Wesleys room. The pipe underneath is broken, and so it won't tighten, and everytime I sit on it and lean just barely I spill water. So I feel like I break it everytime I sit on it!
I've had my dog for 2 months now and have never really been bothered by his licking. I prefer the cat tongue though LOL.
I feel like I HAVE to call my aunt soandso AUNT soandso. If I don't use the aunt or uncle title it feels so WEIRD!
I hate motorycycles. They are scary. My husband owns 2, and it scares me even more. Especially the stupid bikers in california who like to drive in between rush hour traffic. Uncool.
Post a Comment