Not even a week ago, Kendree turned 5 months old! See? I can get this stuff done in reasonable time. :)
She is still eating and sleeping like a champ. I don't think I've ever mentioned it on here, but both of my children have forced me to be completely chocolate-free when I am nursing them. For whatever reason, Mommy eating chocolate=babies screaming from gas pain. When I say chocolate free, I mean not even one M&M for the first 3-4 months and then VERY limited chocolate from then on. I thought we were on that second step with Kendree, so I had just ONE scoop of cookies and cream ice cream at my mom's house last Sunday. Then, Ronnie and I spent all night dealing with a screaming, in pain baby. It was by far the worst night of her life thus far and I have no desire to repeat it, so I'm back to completely chocolate-free for a while.
While I don't know exactly how much she weighs this month, I'm betting right at or just over 16 pounds, since she is in 6 month and 6-9 month clothing and wearing size 3 diapers.
Kendree rolled over (from back to front) for the first time on July 3rd and since that time has perfected her skills. She now only spends about one minute on her back before she rolls to her stomach. The problem comes after she is on her belly, since she doesn't yet know how to roll back over and she tends to get a bit frustrated. This stage is so funny, since she truly acts like "Who put me in this position? I don't want to be this way!" whenever she gets stuck.
She now loves the bouncer and is starting to test her limits in both the swing and bumbo chair. While she still likes her thumb, it doesn't seem to be quite the fight this month. She will search for a finger in general when she is both hungry and tired and I think we are nearing the end of the thumb battle. She still doesn't really like her Binky on an "everyday" kind of basis. She'll take it when tired, but most of the time spits it right back at you.
If not swaddled, Kendree very much prefers to fall asleep laying on her right side, so her left arm and hand can be up and over her face. I have yet to catch that on camera, but need to get a picture as she has been doing it since birth!
She continues to test her voice and entertains us all with her talking, screeching and squealing. Easton is still your best bet if you want her to laugh, although more and more of us (and when I say "us" I mean everyone but me) are having success in getting giggles. In fact, a video of my mom getting some is at the end of this post.
Overall, she's still our happy baby girl! She loves watching her older brother and already you can see that she will be following him and idolizing him every step of the way in the future. We just love our "little sister!"
Photos from mom's official 5 month shoot:
Smiling for mama on the couch
Almost rolling over (and before you think she was in danger on that ottoman, my sister was just out of the shot, ready for any more action than we thought we would get).
Lifting that head up
The top view :)
We're working on sitting up (not really that close to doing it on our own for more than a few seconds)
Grandma making Kendree laugh
Rolling over!



No comments:
Post a Comment