Thursday, July 08, 2010

A Summertime Must-Have for Babies

I didn't know I needed it, but it has been a lifesaver.

Cool for the heat? Check.

Keeps out the massive amounts of pesky mosquitoes? Check

Blocks out that sun during naps? Check

Super Cute? Double Check

I first saw these when my friend Lindsey had one for her little girl, but I was convinced that my beloved BundleMe would be sufficient.

But then, it got hotter and I needed something different.

Enter Lindsey's sister-in-law.  She whipped one up for me and I am in love.
 I wanted something gender neutral so I wouldn't have to get a new one with subsequent babies. 

The flowers pin on and when removed, the handle straps just have the rickrack ribbon.

I think they would be fairly simple to make, and maybe, if I get ambitious I'll make a few for gifts.  For now, I'm happy paying money for one that is just darling.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

seriously super cute. great idea.