When we bought the house the dining area had carpet. Not so much a long term option with little ones around, so we decided that we would rip out the carpet and replace it with some cheap laminate flooring, just something to get us through.
Well, one thing led to another and before we knew it we were tiling the dining room, kitchen, laundry room and entry ways.
Before: the view from the front door:
The vinyl in the kitchen:
And the entryways (please notice the trashed carpet between the two...that led us to a decision you will see in just a minute).
First we ripped out the carpet we didn't want and did the prep work:
With Kendree's help of course!
Here's Ronnie working on the entry ways. We decided to have the tile connect the two, so you could walk to and from both doors on tile (A trick I learned from my parents. You can get to any door in their house on tile).
We tiled into the laundry room as well (it is just off the kitchen).
Then we decided that it made sense to be able to walk from the kitchen to the dining area on tile (previously the vinyl stopped right at the wall and end of the cabinet.
And of course the entire dining area.
Obviously, these pictures are pre-grout. Be assured that the tile is now completely grouted. I'll be sure to give you the final, final pictures when we do the house tour.
Also, when I say we, I really mean Ronnie's dad, his cousin Michael and Ronnie. I was on kid patrol and was virtually no help at all.











4 comments:
Looks great, can't wait to see more picts of the place!
good job ronnie!!!!!!! looks great guys. can't wait for all the afters :)
Man, you guys are ambitious and have delved right into true home ownership... fix up projects around the house. It sounds like quite the adventure. I'm anxious to see the finished product.
BEAUTIFUL! Way better than carpet.
Post a Comment