Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where I admit I am not perfect

As if I had to spell that out for you.

I hate leftovers.

There, I said it. It's out there. Judge me if you wish.

I just can't make myself heat up things in the microwave to eat them for lunch. Luckily, I have a husband who does not mind doing this, so our extra food does not go completely to waste.

I never really liked leftovers growing up, so when we had a "clean out the fridge" night, I would usually have a bowl of cereal. I assumed that as I got older, I would become an adult and then I would appreciate leftovers.

Not so much. I can specifically name the four dishes that I can stand to heat up and eat later.

Am I alone in this? Do all of you eat leftovers regularly?

I should also mention that I have become a pro at making exactly how much Ronnie and I will eat at dinner. So that's something. I think.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm with you on that! There are a few dishes I can tolerate but I especially can't stand heating up dishes that were originally baked in the oven, it just isn't the same. I also do NOT like Thanksgiving turkey made 10 different ways for every meal the 5 days following.

Stevens Family said...

There are a few things I will eat leftover. If it involves potatoes (french fries especially), or ground beef, I don't want it reheated. It's never the same. Sometimes if I re-fry the meat or reheat things on the stove or in the oven. Although that may take just as much effort as the original cooking anyway.

Lindsay said...

I didn't like most leftovers while I was growing up, but once I was paying for my own food, I changed my mind. Only these days, they are anything but appealing to me. Hopefully I'll get over that soon because I really do hate wasting food.

Kathryn said...

You are SO not alone in this! This is a pet peeve of Cory's with me. He will gladly eat leftovers, cold and all (gross I know) I can also only count 4 dishes that I would reheat and eat (I wonder if they are the same as yours...)

Cindy said...

Sorry KaLee it must be in the genes! I would rather have a peanut butter or grilled cheese sandwich than leftovers. Luckily Greg will eat them for lunch. Cooking for two is a tricky task but I'm getting better at it!
For the record...I will eat leftover Ham Fried Rice, Ambers scalloped potatoes and ham and selected pasta dishes.

Steff said...

I can't stand leftovers either. Grownging up we never had them because my mom was perfect about making enough and as I got older it just smells funny and doesn't taste the same!

Pedersen Posse said...

I'm not a big fan of leftovers either. Most things with meat, I can't do again, unless it's covered in sauce. However, as I've gotten older, my list of things I will eat again has broadened. Maybe it will for you too.