Friday, February 20, 2009

Do you have tickets to the gun show?

And I mean that in the "I have huge arm muscles" sense, not in the "I'm actually going to look at guns that shoot bullets" sense. I know you get confused, what with me being in Wyoming and all.


We have a Nintento Wii, we also have Wii Fit. I enjoy exercising on said Wii Fit. I don't think I am going to get my perfect body from it, but it is nice to track weight loss (or ahem, gain) and I am getting more in shape.

That being said, I have very weak arms, like really weak arms. In high school, when I weighed the least I ever have, I still couldn't do a pull up, not even one. It's a problem that has plagued me my entire life. So, when I attempted to do the "push-up" workout on the Wii Fit, I didn't do too hot.

To be specific my "trainer" told me, "It looks like you are not strong enough to do this exercise. You may want to come back after you have built up your strength."

Needless to say, I was a little depressed. A few days later I tried again.

Same message.

So I decided to ignore the "push-up" exercise. I was too good for the "push-up" exercise. I continued to workout every day on the Wii Fit and time passed.

And then yesterday, I decided to give that cursed exercise a go, for old times sake.

I rocked it.

Don't believe me?

Here's the proof.

That's right. My trainer couldn't even speak he was so teared up (or something like that).

*It should be noted that I spelled exercise incorrectly every time I typed it. It is a word that I would have confidently spelled in a spelling bee--and then I would have had to sit down in shame. sigh.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I seriously laughed out loud at this post! What a crack up. I would be the same in the arm arena. I remember being seriously worried I wouldn't be able to pick up let alone carry the baby carrier when I had Cade as I was such a weakling!!

Michelle Williams said...

I'll vouch for you high school pull-up--that being said I am extremely proud of your progress! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

KaLee this post made me laugh so hard! You are hilarious.