So, it's no real secret that I don't love to cook.
Or, maybe that is a secret. I love a good recipe, but don't spend extra time looking for new things to try, or try anything that I think will be too difficult.
I do, however, love recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious so I am sharing one of my all-time favorites today. (I really should have posted this before the Superbowl so you could enjoy these during the game--but I'll have you know that you will not want to wait until the next Superbowl to try them).
I should also let you know now, that there will be no pictures of said recipe. I'm no PW. Just use your imagination. And also, this is not a low-fat recipe.
Dan's Winger's Wings*
Sauce: 2 parts brown sugar to 1 part Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Bring to a boil while stirring and then lower temp just to keep sauce warm.
Wings: As many chicken tenders as your little heart desires.
When chicken is thawed, pat each tender dry on a paper towel (this step may seem insignificant, but believe me, you don't want too much corn starch). Then put a few tenders in a tupperware with corn starch. Shake to coat tenders.
Now, in your favorite Fry Daddy (which is set on the highest temperature), drop in 3-4 tenders at a time and cook for 6 minutes.
Remove chicken, coat with sauce and set in 9x12 pan in the oven (at 200 degrees). The extra step of the oven give them that kinda "crunchy" thing--just know that it is delicious. There is no set time for this. I just leave them in there until I am done with all of the tenders I want to cook (for instance, we did 24 yesterday).
*This recipe comes from my brother-in-law Dan and they are his interpretation of Winger's wings, hence the name.
5 comments:
After last year's Super Bowl I was hooked! We actually made these on Saturday night....delicious. I swear we have them at least once a week ha ha.
must be a Stevens thing. . .cuz Craig and Karissa do the exact same recipe--made them for me when I visited in Aug.
Those sound good. I'm going to make them. I'm sure Clark would love 'em . . . he loves Winger's wings.
Oh Baby! I am SO making these! Thanks!
Easy Recipe...yes! - KaLee make them...no!!! For the record I made them with the help of Grant (KaLee's Dad).
Post a Comment