So, I've mentioned that Easton is attached to a certain blankie. (By the way, I always swore that I would not "kiddify" words like that, my 19 year old self is so ashamed).
And I spell it blankie with an "ie" but I could just as easily have spelled it with a "y."
I have a theory on this.
I think that when you make up spelling for words that don't really exist, you spell them in the way that is the most familiar to you. Ronnie has an "ie" so in general when I want that sound, I use the "ie."
If your name is Rebecca and you go by Becky, you would probably spell it blanky.
I'm just sayin'.
My logic is a bit flawed, because technically, with my name, I should spell everything with an "ee" but that just looks dumb.
5 comments:
LOL! I seriously laugh out loud with every one of your blogs! At least you aren't selfish and your husband is first on your mind. You could've spelled it blankee!
Ok now i just embarrassed myself. I just now read the fine print. And here I thought I was being so clever!
i think blankie is the cutest spelling between the two! kinda like cutie, in fact. :)
btw, great idea! a set-up is definitely in order for our missionaries!
I personally am a fan of the 'Y's, but that's just me!
You are funny KaLee. And looking great for 19, I might add.
Post a Comment