Easton (and I'm sure most boys) has a thing for keys.
Car keys, house keys, filing cabinet keys--you name it, he loves it.
We have 2 locking filing cabinet drawers on the desk that resides in his room. Because they are a great height for him, and I have the extra key tucked away in a safe place, we let him lock and unlock the drawers.
Yesterday, he and I were playing in his room and I decided to try and find "his" filing cabinet key, since I hadn't seen it in several days. I searched his usual hiding places (under the crib, under the dresser, in the fabric scraps, etc), but couldn't find it anywhere.
Finally, I turned to him and asked, "Easton, where is the key to this drawer?"
He looked at me, walked over to the heat vent under the window, pointed down and said, "key!"
I pulled off the cover and sure enough, there it was, right where he had dropped it.
We then had a discussion (which I'm sure he didn't really get) about how we don't drop things down the vents.
And now I have to search all of the other vents in the house to see what treasures I can find.
1 comment:
wow! That's hilarious! :)
Just so long as he doesn't point at the toilet when you ask where something is I guess you'll be ok.
Post a Comment