Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Reasons having a recently returned missionary brother in town is great

  1. Due to my dad being maxed out on phones on his "family plan," Adam was forced to join Ronnie and my family. (I kinda like having a son who can drive. :) ) This means that when I am checking my Verizon account daily online, I also get to snoop on how many text messages Adam has sent in one month. (1750 in case you were wondering--and yes, he has unlimited messaging). This brings me a strange amount of joy daily.
  2. When past companions call to catch up and I have the pleasure of being in the same room as Adam, I get to watch him get absolutely giddy and do that "shake your hand around so that it sounds like you are snapping, but you are not actually snapping" thing.
  3. Endless opportunities to make fun of (ahem, tease) him about English words that don't come out right, etc.
  4. I get to be a fashion expert again. (Ronnie doesn't always believe me if I say something is not cool. With Adam, my word is law).
  5. I get to re-live/re-tell stories from the past that no one has bothered to bring up in the last two years, but are some of Adam's favorites.
  6. We get in arguments about whether changes in town happened before or after Adam left, or if events in the family happened before or after he left. It's awesome.
  7. Most of all though, I get to have my favorite 21-year old brother back.

3 comments:

Candise said...

What fun! There is nothing quite like a little brother!

Carolyn said...

KaLee, you are so funny. I love the way you write your blog posts.

And I'm glad you're enjoying having Adam home! Sounds great.

Anonymous said...

You are TOO funny!!! It was great to see you all, and we are excited for your little addition! Love you!