Monday, September 21, 2009

Because I live in Wyoming

and because I like to make you pity me, I'm showing you what it looks like outside my window right now.
That's right--snow on the ground and snow coming down. Not to mention the 2 inches I scraped off the car this morning and the 10 minute hail storm that pounded our poor little apartment at 2:00am last night.

How much is a ticket to Hawaii?

11 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so sorry KaLee, snow in September is not right!

Jen said...

Looks like we moved just in time!

Sheesh! Snow in September...good ol' Laramie. Hopefully the bad weather doesn't hang around too long.

Denise said...

We're havin' a heatwave here in NorCal, so come on down. We're definitely cheaper than Hawaii, plus you get family too. What's not to love about that?

Kathryn said...

I heard that freakish hail storm at 2am this morning while feeding. It was only hitting the one side of our apartment windows and was so weird to hear, I ran out to look with poor Ethan not knowing what was going on! I was surprised at the snow and how stinking cold it is today! It was 76 on Saturday! CRAZY!!

Amber said...

Sorry KaLee, we never really had a summer here, so snow this early would be awful!! Hopefully you have some more 80 degree days before it's really fall!

Stevens Family said...

That's terrible! I guess it's the opposite extreme of this - we were over 90 (I guess it beats the 100-degree weather we've been having). Plus we're only a car-ride away! :)

And Easton could play with our puppy!

Miller Family said...

Hawaii is expensive, but San Jose isn't...;) I think I know someone you could stay with.

Anonymous said...

Its supposed to snow again today...booo.. I feel you with the hail storm. We live in a mobile home and it was so loud it woke me up but not wesley..thank goodness.
I guess when you live in wyoming you can expect crazy weather. Like the tornado from last year.

Michelle said...

I actually have to admit that I always loved the first snow in laramie, even if it came in september. it was just when it KEPT COMING, that wasn't funny or cool any more. :) sigh. here's to a heat wave soon.

OKAY so that blanket! actually it was one of my first sewing projects..inspired by allie hoopes, then found in a book I borrowed from the library (which of course I didn't write down the name of..) ..I'll search around today for the actual name of it, and hopefully a tutorial or two!

basically, though, you cut a thousand squares, half of them one half inch by one half inch bigger (i belive) than the other. then you sew them together, with a tuck in the middle of each side, leaving one side unsewn. (this makes the squares the same size) then you stuff with fluff, then sew closed the opening. then you sew them together into a line, then sew all the lines together and voila! you add a back and some ruffles and you're good to go.

thanks for liking it! it is fun to dance party on, for sure.

ps--I will just email you if I find the tutorial/any further information? if your email isn't easily found on your site, will you send it to me? rossmer[at]gamil[dot]com

Cool!

Michelle said...

one more thing. you only tuck the top layer of your square "sandwich." you lay a bigger square onto a little one, then put a tuck in the middle of each outer line of the bigger square until the two squares are the same size. pin pin pin! then you sew three sides, then stuff with fluff, then sew closed the opening side.

clear as mud! :) I'll try and find real instructions for you.

Chris and Beth Will said...

this is one time I am actually glad to be living in Rock Springs rather than Laramie. No snow for us!