Sunday, November 24, 2013

Devynee's Party

We had our local family over for a party on Devynee's birthday.  We started the festivities at 10 a.m. so that we would be done in time for a few different football games on television.  This would also hypothetically allow the birthday girl to get a nap (this did not happen).

Shortly after everyone arrived, we got the present opening underway...








 Here's all of the loot.  This girl was spoiled rotten, but loved every minute of it.  When she was all done opening presents, she kept on asking if there were more (I'm not sure what that says about my parenting, exactly...).

 She was just so tired!

We then fed everyone hot-diggity-dogs in keeping with our slight Minnie Mouse theme and afterwards did cake!



 I did my traditional, no-fuss, round cake with circle roses and some toys stuck in the top.  Easy as it gets.

The lighting in this picture is horrible, but I found this darling banner online and made it in under an hour.  My kind of project.

General balloon happiness.

After cake and ice cream, the boys settled in to watch football.


Adam, Alicia and baby Todd printed some documents,

Sarah spent time trying to text while entertaining the birthday girl,

And a blurry mom and I finished cleaning up.

Later on, the girls had to try on their jewelry sets - beeee-uuuuu-tiful!

It was a great day and we are so glad that some family was able to join us!

No comments: