Sunday, July 13, 2014

20 weeks

On June 9th, I hit the halfway point. I had my ultrasound two days later, on June 11th.

There was much debate internally as to whether to find out the gender of this little one.  I love, love, love the suspense and surprise of waiting, but I knew that Ron would rather find out now.  Also, all of my "feelings" about this little one had me fairly sure that it was a girl and I thought it would be nice for Easton to find that out now and have 4+ months to adjust. :)

Up until the morning of the ultrasound, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  Ultimately, I decided that my life would be "easier" by finding out.

All the kids came with us and Ronnie was swamped at work, so he literally walked into the room just as the ultrasound tech announced "It's a GIRL!"

I don't have a belly pic for this update, so a few ultrasound pictures will have to suffice.




Everything looked good in the ultrasound, but they couldn't get a clear picture of the heart (it was sitting right behind my belly button), so they scheduled another ultrasound for three weeks later to double check that. Also, she was measuring nine days smaller than their projected due date (October 26th is the date she was measuring at) so we may have another ultrasound as time goes on to check for size.  I'm not worried at all, as she was measuring just one day off of what I think the due date it. :)

Later that day, I sent out this update...

The kids were excited and as Easton had said for weeks, he really wanted a brother, but didn't care if the baby was a sister.

Now onto the daunting task of naming this little one!

At 20 weeks, my hip pain was all but taken care of (just once a month adjustments unless I did something weird to it) and I was feeling great!  The baby was moving around like crazy, but Ron had yet to be able to feel movement on the outside.  Heartbeat and blood pressure at my appointment were great, and I haven't gotten any comments on my weight from the doctor yet either (I normally get some pressure to gain weight in the beginning, as I don't normally gain until after 20 weeks). I started this pregnancy a little heavier than my others (bummer!) and my weight has followed the trend of previous pregnancies (no gain until after 20 weeks), but I didn't lose any weight in the beginning either, and I think that is what caused major concern with my pregnancy with Devynee.

Other baby4 updates: 16 weeks

Wanna compare?
My pregnancy with Devynee at 20 weeks
My pregnancy with Kendree at 20 weeks
Easton's gender announcement

No comments: