Saturday, July 12, 2014

16 weeks

We're a little behind on documenting this fourth baby, aren't we?  I'm afraid this child will have to get used to it.

I hit 16 weeks on May 12th. For the sake of documenting, we'll back it up a bit.  I was the sickest I have ever been in a pregnancy with this little one.  I feel like a cheat saying that, as I have never thrown up in my "morning sickness" phases, but this time I couldn't stomach anything, felt nauseated all of the time (seriously, all of the time), never cooked dinner (Ron would call on his way home from work daily to see what he needed to get/do for him and the kids), and just felt lousy.  All while trying to act "normal" so no one would ask me what was up and trying to keep the household running in a semi-functioning manner (why do kids always need to eat!?!?!).

Finally, right around 11 weeks, I felt like I could function in a normal manner and by 13 weeks, I was feeling great again.  With each pregnancy, my body remembers well how things go and I was in maternity pants at 10 weeks for comfort.  By 12 weeks, I felt like I couldn't even begin to disguise things anymore and we made the announcement to family and friends.

At 16 weeks, I was feeling great. Belly is small-ish, baby is moving, but not very consistently.  I was constantly forgetting that I was pregnant at this point and could do everything around the house with little to no difference. Food was edible again, but no cravings have hit. In general, I feel like I eat less than normal in the first 6-ish months of pregnancy.

One thing that has been a bit of an annoyance this pregnancy is that my right hip keeps popping out of place. This started at about 14 weeks, so it would seem the weight of a sub-one pound baby is not the cause, but instead the loosening of ligaments, etc. Before I went to the chiropractor (bless him!), it was at the point where my entire right leg would go numb, especially when I was getting up and down off of the floor. I really pushed to get in to the chiro when I was driving and couldn't lift up my right leg without using my hand to help.  That sounds safe, doesn't it? I'm happy to report that with regular visits (which are less and less as time goes on) I am back to my happy self.  I am never happier for my healthy body than when I am reminded that it is not always so healthy.

Also the doctor and I have very differing opinions about my due date.  They say I am due October 18th.  I say October 27th. I'm sticking with my guns, so my weekly updates coincide with "my" due date.

Curious about previous pregnancies?
Devynee at 16 weeks
Kendree at 17 weeks
Easton (not documented)

No comments: