Friday, January 25, 2008

A dependency

So.

I think we have established that I *tend* to like things a certain way.

Okay, okay. I am a psycho about it.

I was reminded of this as I returned to work.

You see, while working in Provo, I was given a computer screen calendar. What is that, you ask? Here’s a picture so you can get an idea.

It is pretty amazing how often you need to reference the date. Whether it is today’s date, the day of an upcoming meeting, or a holiday. All I had to do was direct my eyes upward and January through December were proudly displayed.

But I returned to work in 2008 and my calendar was of 2007.

The first morning back, I attempted to locate an upcoming date no less than 8 times and it was only 9:30am. I frantically emailed my previous co-worker and good friend to see if there were any extra 2008 calendars lying around her office than she could mail to me (the calendars were sent out as promotional items from an affiliate of the company). She informed me that there were not any extras, and then, being the good friend that she is, she gave me links to printable calendars that would do the same job.

Because I have realized that this calendar is of the utmost importance in my life I want to share it with you.

You can find a letter sized printable calendar here or a legal sized one here. (If you have access to legal paper, I would recommend that one—it’s just a little easier to read).

Now please, hold the applause.

3 comments:

Claire said...

That is awesome! I already printed one off and laminated it. I keep a little calendar hanging by my computer but this will make things so much easier! Singing your praises!

KaLee said...

Glad to hear I have converted one person! Now you just have to hope that this online company continues to make them, because you will NOT be able to function without it.

Ashley said...

At first, I didn't quite understand the genius of the calendar on top of the computer screen...until I clicked on the link and saw the page of the printable calendars. I just printed one out and already I can tell this is going to be awesome. In the past, I got my calendars from http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/ but they don't have any that attach to your computer screen. Anyway, thanks for the tip!