Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh, to be 5 again

As I have stated before, my sister is a Kindergarten teacher. If you are like Ronnie, you may pronounce that kind-EE-garten.

As you may imagine, she has some pretty good stories. So every Wednesday (unless she doesn’t have any blog worthy ones) I will post a little gem from her classroom.

This week’s gem happened before Christmas.

Student: Mrs. S, I have to go to the store to get your Christmas present.

Erc (Mrs. S): Oh, you don’t have to get me anything.

Student: I’m going to buy you a new car.

Erc: Those are pretty expensive, are you sure you can afford it?

Student: Yep. I just lost my first tooth and the tooth fairy left me a LOT of money.

Erc (under breath as she just smiles at the student): I’ll lose a tooth if it means a new car.

You may be surprised to learn that her gift fit into the backpack of the student and did not have to be parked outside.

Edited to add: Guess who just realized it is Thursday? So lets pretend that I am not a *complete* idiot and just change this little weekly to Thursdays instead.

No comments: