Sunday, January 06, 2008

Smelly?

We are currently in sunny California, so please excuse my lack of posts recently.

Now, on to what I really want to discuss.

Deodorant.

I know it is a little personal, but we're close friends--really close friends, remember?

In high school I was always a little sweaty. In college I thought I had solved the problem, but then time went on and my sweaty problems returned.

I expressed my annoyance to Ronnie and he proceeded to tell me that he has always had good luck with deodorant. Just deodorant. None of that anti-perspirant stuff.

So, I went to Wally World and purchased a stick of just deodorant.

It worked wonders! No more sweaty problems, no more yellowing shirts. It seemed to be a miracle.

When I find a product I like, I stock up on it. So I purchased 3 more sticks and life was good.

Until this week.

I'm on the last of the three sticks. It's been three years, so they have been good to me. I put deodorant on my shopping list and went on my weekly shopping trip.

Wally World doesn't carry just deodorant for women. Believe me, I have read EVERY SINGLE STICK on the shelf.

If I care to smell like a man, I am set. Apparently, women need anti-perspirant protection, but men can deal with just deodorant.

I have now checked three other stores with the same result.

I'm stretching this last stick to the max--with the hope that I can find my precious deodorant so that I don't have to have sweaty problems again.

If anyone knows where I can find this essential item please let me know. Otherwise, you may not want to be around me for a while.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sweaty problems stink (pun was a happy accident). I truly feel your pain. Have you tried looking online at drugstore.com? I haven't used them myself (though I fully intend to one of these days...free shipping on orders of $25 or more...and there's always something you need from the drugstore, right?), but my mom said they were the only place she could find some otherwise out of stock shaving essential for my dad. I don't know...maybe it's worth a try. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What brand are you looking for?

Bethany said...

That is too funny! I had a serious problem with this myself in high school. Always in 3rd period. It was ridiculous. I found that using deodorant with or without the antiperspirant didn't matter, but what mattered was: how much I liked the scent of it. If it smelled like baby powder, or linens, or too deoderant-like or something, I would get grossed out and start to sweat, which would then make the scent even stronger. But if I found the name-brand stuff, slightly more expensive, (a.k.a. "Secret platinum..") and it smelled like a really good pear or coconut, I thought, well this stuff is kinda high-class, and it smells good, so how could I ever sweat! So that's what I do. It has worked for me anyway. :) Good luck!

Barbara said...

You're so funny KaLee. I have a solution but I don't know if Laramie can provide it for you. When my brother lived in Japan, I had to stock up on just deodorant sticks to send to him from the Wild Oats store. Since it only carries organic health products they were all deodorants with no anti-perspirant. I would check a health food store...if you have one!!