Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's the little things

I sat down at my desk, started sorting through the many papers spilling out of my purse and had a sudden realization.

It wasn’t there.

The W-2 I had JUST gotten in the mail and stuffed into my purse wasn’t there.

I had walked 100 yards from the car to my office in 20 mile an hour winds and the form didn’t make it.

With a gigantic sigh, I grabbed my coat and keys and trudged back out into the 17 degree weather (feels like zero with that wind), praying that I had either left it on the seat of my car (which I was POSITIVE I didn’t do) or that by some miracle it had stayed in the parking lot (very slim chance—remember that wind?)

I scanned the ground, even pausing to look in the trash cans on the off chance that someone had picked it up and tossed it.

After getting to the car and checking the entire inside thoroughly, I dejectedly started to make my way back inside.

Suddenly something caught my eye.

There it was! My precious W-2 hanging out on the top of a snow drift.

And then I remembered.

Little prayers are answered too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a very strong testimony of that.
Karen

Lindsay said...

Sometimes the smallest prayers receive the biggest answers. Just the other day I was with a friend who remembered, once we were on the other side of the city, that she'd accidentally left her stroller - her city-mother necessity - sitting on the sidewalk outside her building. ANYTHING left on a sidewalk in Brooklyn is as good as gone, but my head automatically went through the process of saying a tiny, mental prayer in her (and her stroller's) behalf. And what would you know...when we drove past her building after our errand, there it was, sitting right where she'd left it.

Some miracles will never cease to amaze me.

Lindsay said...

PS: Thanks for linking me! I feel so utterly loved!

Lauren said...

So glad that you found that! I hate when stuff like that happens. Yes, the little things do matter. :)