Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Family and Friends,

Mama has been a little busy the last few weeks so she told me that I was in charge of the Christmas letter this year. I love having a chance to talk, especially when everyone is forced to listen, so here we go!

The biggest news of the year is the arrival of my littlest sister, Devynee Karen ------. She arrived on my Grandma Cali's birthday, November 23rd. She is very cute and I love to talk to her with my baby voice. I am also very good at trying to force her to take a pacifier whenever she makes any noise at all. Kendree likes her too, but refuses to say her name (it is pronounced like the name Devyn with a long “e” on the end) instead she always calls her baby. So far, it doesn’t seem like Devynee will interfere with my life at all, since all she does is sleep and eat, but Mama tells me that Kendree used to be like that too, so I’ll keep my eye on her.

In other family news, Mama and Daddy also purchased their first house this year, which they say makes them feel like real, live, grownups. Daddy told me that being a grownup isn’t as great as you think it will be as a kid. I don’t believe him. My favorite thing about the new house is that I have my own room that I can shut Kendree out of (well, for a few more months at least).

Daddy recently passed the one year mark as a practicing attorney. He says that he is starting to feel more comfortable with not knowing what he is doing. He also keeps busy participating in Leadership Cheyenne (a program run by the Chamber of Commerce to promote civic trusteeship among select participants) and as the High Priest Group Leader in our ward. My favorite is when he has time to wrestle with Kendree and me on the living room floor. Mama says that only Daddy’s are good at stuff like that.

Mama keeps very busy around the house. She is currently on something she calls maternity leave from her part-time job at --------, which means that she spends less time sending emails and “playing” on the computer and more time taking care of baby Devynee. I also get to spend time with her every week in church as she is serving as the 1st counselor in Primary. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding why I can’t have lots of turns when she is teaching Sharing Time.

I turned four on December 10th and our Christmas advent calendars were birthday countdowns for the first part of the month. I go to preschool one day a week and love learning and playing with my friends. I also really like to know the family schedule in my head and want there to be an “event” on every day of the week (even if it is just a trip to Wal-mart). Lately, with Devynee’s arrival, a lot of days are hang out at home days and I guess that is okay for now. I love to watch and play sports with Daddy and my current favorites (because it’s football season) are the UW Cowboys, BYU and the Denver Broncos.

Kendree will turn two in February and since Devynee was born seems like a really big girl to Mama and Daddy. I really like to wrestle with her and sometimes she is the one to tackle me to get the game started. It seems like she wants to do everything that I do which is just fine with me until she gets in my way or ruins something I am playing with. She is talking in 2-3 word sentences and loves all things “baby.” She also likes to sing little tunes to herself as she walks around the house and loves any excuse to say “OW!” (whether she is hurt or not). Mama says she acts just like you expect a 22 month old to act.

Whew! I think that is it. This letter writing was a little harder than I thought when I agreed to it. You can always keep up with our family on Mama’s blog at www.kaleeronnie.blogspot.com (I’m featured there a lot, so I like it).We had a pretty fantastic year, and hope your year was just as great.

Love,

Easton (and the rest of the gang - Ronnie, KaLee, Kendree and Devynee)

1 comment:

Pedersen Posse said...

I loved your cards. The letter was so creative. Merry Christmas!