Friday, December 09, 2011

One of the best pieces of advice

that I got when heading into this whole "three kids" adventure was from my all-knowing grandma.

"Don't put on regular clothes for a few days.  When mama is dressed normally, then she can DO everything normally."

How true it was.

I'm sure she told me that exact same piece of advice when I had Easton, but he was young enough that I don't think he really got it.  This time though, he would ask me everyday if I was in my pajamas, I would respond that I was and then he treated me a little differently.

The first day I was in regular clothes was the first day that he didn't ask me that question and sure enough, he expected to be taken care of differently as well.

Something to keep in mind...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am tucking that tidbit away to pull out in the spring. The impending arrival of our #3 leaves me simultaneously thrilled and terrified. But pjs...pjs seem doable. :)

Cindy said...

Darylene gave me a great bit of advice many years ago. She said it takes 6 months to get back into any kind of routine after having a baby. This is excellent advice!