In high school German class, we learned about the culture. I only remember a few key things:
Their houses are BEAUTIFUL in the old parts of town.
They have incredibly clean cities.
They don’t offer ice in their drinks.
I remember thinking back then how strange it would be to not have any ice in drinks. Now I think they are brilliant. Drinks are never watered down and they aren’t forced to chew the ice at the bottom of their glass (What? No one else feels the need to do that?).
Ronnie—he loves him some ice. I’m sure he would put ice in his milk if the ice were made of milk. I have to add ice to any beverage I serve him (even if it has been in the fridge for over a day).
Me? I would rather leave the ice. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t drink lukewarm beverages. I like a cold drink just as much as the next guy, but if it is cold—then that’s all I need. No extra chilling necessary.
So tell me, how often do you have to refill the ice trays at your house?
10 comments:
Funny you should mention ice cube trays....I bought a set of 2 shortly after we moved here about 6 months ago, stashed them away somewhere deep in a cupboard, and JUST got them out and used them for the first time today. Only I didn't use them to make ice. I used them to freeze portioned sweet potato puree for my baby (turns out I'm becoming one of THOSE moms...you know the hot dog loving kind who risk being called "natural" and "organic" to make their own baby food when in actuality all they really should be called is "dirt cheap").
That said, though, I do love me a good class of very cold water. I keep a pitcher in the fridge which I sip from throughout the day.
KaLee, this is so funny. Casey and I, no kidding, have never in our two years, ever filled ice trays! And we don't buy ice either. I agree with you completely, all I need is some cold tap water or cold juice/milk from the fridge. In fact, I will drink a non-refrigerated bottle of water any day.
I hate sipping from a glass with ice inside mostly because the ice always gets in the way! It falls all over your face!
Although, I will say that not carrying ice in our freezer has caused more than one awkward moment when we have guests.
We are never anal enough to request "no-ice" at restaurants, but mostly because we get a straw. The ice stays put!
But as you can see, I'm with you 100%. And we should move to Europe.
When my mother came to visit us after Joe and I had been married for about three years, she actually had to buy us ice cube trays.
So that should answer your question.
I actually keep lots of my drinks (like soda and juice) OUT of the fridge so they can warm up a bit.
You people are crazy!! Bethany I know it takes real talent but if you drink your drink properly the ice barely touches your lips. Ice cold anything is the best way to do it!!
I hate ice in my water becuase becuase it makes it too cold. When I am pregnant I do like to chew on pebbled ice- you know the kind at taco amigo! and about the ice cube tray...We are blessed with an ice maker and i finally turned it off becuase it kept over flowing!
know I am related to Ronnie, but I do like ice water when I haven't remembered to fill up our filtered water dispenser in the refrigerator. However, I will not ever pour a drink out of a can that is already cold into a glass with ice. That would be like asking for a watery drink that I don't want to finish. I also wouldn't want ice in my milk (even if the ice were made of frozen milk).
If you want to know who overuses their ice cube trays (and who whap them against the counter to the point of needing to replace them often) it is my in-laws... they keep an empty bowl in the freezer for the ice to be emptied out of the trays and ready to go while the next batch is freezing.
ok, so maybe ronnie and i are way more alike than i thought. i have to have ice! when my parents went to visit you guys for easton's blessing, our freezer broke. in a three day period, i went through 2 whole bags of ice and i was the only one home! i cannot live without ice. i even put it in my milk and juice and sodas that come stright out of the fridge. i could just be a freak...
I am TOTALLY a no ice kinda girl! I can handle it if I have a straw, but otherwise, NO THANKS!
Jill-Thanks for putting a Taco Amigo craving in my head! As soon as you said it, I could almost taste the perfect rootbeer and their can't ever be matched bean burrito! Mmmmm! Thanks a lot! I am only 5 hours away!
We don't do ice in our house--mostly because there's not enough room in our freezer for the trays. But my dad actually puts ice in his milk. He takes it out before it gets too watery, but he says that he just loves cold, cold, milk. So, if Ronnie were to put ice in his milk, I wouldn't think it too strange.
Post a Comment