Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Purse Contents Tag

My lovely Aunt Nat tagged me recently—so here we go!

Contents of my Wal-Mart Special Purse (recently, I’ve really changed what I want in a purse. I used to be all about the cute, now I’m all business. This purse happens to fit all but one of my criteria and it was on sale for $11.) What are my criteria? I thought you would never ask.

It must have at least two separate compartments. It must be a neutral color so I can take it every day. It must be large enough to hold my planner (heaven-forbid I leave home without that!), but small enough to be carried comfortably. I prefer just one strap (this one has two—and it’s livable, but not my ideal). The strap must be long enough for the purse to sit comfortably over my shoulder, but not long enough that it can go across my body diagonally. Oh, and I do try to find cute.

Got all of that? I’m a little extreme, I know—but you gotta love me anyway.

Now for the contents.

1. Red Wallet (holds checks, cash, credit and debit cards, bandaids, coupons, pictures, gift cards, etc.).
2. Five dollar sunglasses—if I spend any more than that I always regret it a week later when they break.
3. Keys—too many.
4. Planner—necessary for my breathing.
5. Little bag of Tylenol. I really need to change this out for the good stuff (ibuprofen), but during pregnancy this was my only option.
6. Inhaler—do I use one? No. But Ronnie does and I love him so I want him to live when he has an attack.
7. Chapstick.
8. Diaper and ziplock bag of wipes. I’m a mom now, and this is what moms carry. (Plus for quick trips I don’t have to take the diaper bag).
9. Pen and Sharpie—you never know when you are going to need a good permanent marker.
10. Small mirror and concealer.
11. Hand sanitizer—for when I actually have to use that diaper.
12. Hairtie
13. Floss—I really am trying to be better.
14. Large bag of Epic gum. (I use so much of this stuff I have to buy it in bulk).
15. Razr cell phone. It’s cute. It’s pink.

You may be shocked to know that literally the only thing in my purse that did not make it into the picture was a paperclip. No trash or anything.

I’m as shocked as you are.

This was fun—now I tag Bethany, Cheryl, Jen, and anyone else who wants to give it a go!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

hey i have the exact same planner in pink!! i love it! isn't it perfect?? also, i should start purchasing epic gum...i remember how much i loved it. oh and that cute teeny tiny diaper? soo cute!! my purse is disastrous, i'll have to get some courage to reveal it.. ;)

Bethany said...

p.s. i really love your new template. the colors and design are so great, so much prettier than some of those crazy bright flashy non-readable ones you know? i LOVE it.

Lindsay said...

I have watched myself slowly abandon the purse altogether. It's just a pain to take one (not to mention scary if you're, say, walking along crowded Canal Street where pickpockets abound). I now have reduced to the bare essentials: my wallet, my phone, and my keys, which I cram into the little zip-up pocket in the infant carrier Garrett rides in. If I'm out on a longer excursion, I'm usually with Blake, and whatever else is needed is stuffed into the diaper bag...which he carries. :)