I’m talking about your nose.
We all know that smells are connected heavily to memories—so here are some smells that take my brain to a person, place or time.

New carpet smell reminds me of Ronnie (considering he always smelled that way after working in a carpet shop all day).

Eternity (perfume) reminds me of my Aunt Nat during her high school years (Nat—do you still wear that?)
Simple Green takes me straight to Baskin Robbins during high school (is it strange that the smell of ice cream doesn’t do that?)

I smell saw dust and am transported back to Rocky Mountain Forest Products—making wood moldings.
Calvin Klein One (perfume) and I am once again walking the halls of my junior high (did anyone NOT have a million friends who all wore that in junior high?What smell-induced memories do you have?
4 comments:
Great blog. I have the strangest smell preference. I love the smell of fresh smoke, yes, as in cigarettes. But, here is the catch. The temperature outside must be right around zero; and the smell must not last very long. I think it has something to do with living in Russia for a year and smelling A LOT of cigarette smoke at near or below zero temperatures. Weird. I know.
I love your fun topics. I'm not the smart to think of fun things.
I have to say, the last time I wore Eternity, was in High School. I've now moved on to Issey Miyake.
Channel No. 5 Perfume - reminds me of Alene. Avon's Soft Musk - reminds me of Val's High School days. Bubble Gum - reminds me of my tonsils being taken out when I was 3. It was the scent that was in the oxygen mask thing. Apricots - remind me of the 2 1/2 large trees we had growing up, and if you didn't pick up all the apricots before mowing, you make a BIG mess all over the lawn. There are many more but those are just a few off the top of my head.
Cute Blog!
It's not really associated to one particular memory, persay, but rain will forever smell to me like wet pavement + earthworms with maybe a few pine trees tossed in for variety. Very distinct smell. Almost as distinct as the smell of that stuff they put over vomit when a kid loses his lunch at elementary school...which, come to think of it, is a smell I have rather unfortunate memories of.
Post a Comment