Easton went for his 2 year check up on Friday, December 11th.
He is 24 lbs. 12 oz (12th percentile) and 34 inches tall (50th percentile).
According to their developmental worksheet he is measuring at a 2 year, 10 month level, but again, I never know how much stock to put into those things. They did ask that I take him to a more comprehensive Developmental Screening that is available just so that I can be aware if there is anything we need to be working on. I'm not sure when I will do that, but hopefully soon.
Easton LOVES numbers. He can count to ten and recognizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. 6 he calls 5 and 9 he calls 8, but still--it's pretty impressive. He loves to run up to anything with numbers and read them off to you. He especially loves to weigh himself in the bathroom and see the 24 and then tell you "Mama, I Two! We better hope he likes the number 3 by the time he weighs 30 pounds.
He still loves all Disney-Pixar movies and has a new obsession with Elmo in Grouchland which has led to me hiding the DVD so I don't go crazy. He is sleeping like a champ 11-12 hours a night and a 2-3 hour nap daily. He chooses 2-3 toys to take to bed with him and they change daily (last night was a tiny Elmo figurine and a Toy Story coloring book).
His memory is really improving, which in general is a pain for me! :) He remembers what happens at the doctor's office, public health, where the toy aisles are in the store, who gave him special presents, etc. Yesterday we went in for his second H1N1 shot and when we sat down in the chairs to wait, he turned to me and asked for Toy Story and Cars fruit snacks (the food I gave him while we waited for the first H1N1 shot over 4 weeks ago). Little stinker.
Easton is very generous with his kisses but hates all hugs (in general). He has started to make sure that he kisses you on both cheeks. Adorable, but I don't know where he got it. He's excited to have his cousin Alayna around more, although whenever I mention her to him he looks at me with sad eyes and says "baby crying!" He has a big adjustment coming when the baby who is crying is in our house!
He is such a sweet little boy (as long as his stomach is full--hunger brings out the worst in him) and we love him more and more everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment