Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Easton's 2nd Birthday Party

First, let's start with the decorations that I spent time on, like this "by-the-month" banner of Easton pictures.
Then I made this banner with fun bandanna fabric.

And a little closer look.
I also made cupcake and cake toppers (cake topper not pictured).
Now on to the birthday boy!
Easton loves blowing out candles. He prefers to do it more than one time, if possible.

Then, he dove right in. You may remember this cake from last year. And if you are anything like my husband, you are wondering how we are going to tell the different years apart when I use the same cake every year. I say, I spent $20 on that cake mold and we are using it until the kids are old enough to know to ask for something different.

Next, we opened presents. I'm not going to post all of these pictures (you'll thank me, I promise).
Steve and Tucker were a captive audience.
As were Grandma, Grandpa and Jord-man.
And Lindsey and Brinley.
And Rachel and TJ.
We needed another shot of Grandma, Grandpa, Jord-man and Sassy, for good measure.
By this time, he was really getting it down.

Brinley treated us to a few modeling poses.
TJ did just fine, being his cute self.
Then the kids got to dive into all of the new toys, they were in heaven.
We can't forget Alicia, Laura and Scott. They were there too.

Each of the kids got to take home a cowboy hat. I originally bought purple for the girls and blue for the boys, but Grandpa decided he needed a purple one. TJ also decided that purple was cooler, so the purple hats went fast!
The day after all of festivities, I took the tradition picture of all of the loot. I'd say our boy is set. In fact about half of this stuff has been confiscated by mommy for strategic pulling out.
Since Easton wore his new Toy Story shirt the very next day, I wanted him in the shot, so all gifts were really there.
And here he is scoping out what he wants to play with next.
He had a great day. Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was a fun party- thanks for including us! TJ keeps pointing at the presents under our tree and signing "Easton- presents?" He had fun with all those toys as well. Happy Birthday Easton!