Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This is important

Does anyone have any of these phones?

What do you like or dislike about them?

LG enV3

LG enV Touch

Nokia Twist

Samsung Rogue

I need a new phone badly. Things to note. I don't do email, I don't do internet. I text some and get/make about 15-20 phone calls a day, so while my phone gets use, its not excessive.

8 comments:

Jill said...

I have the chocolate, which is similar to the env3. I love it. It's not too small to get lost in your purse, but not so big that it's obnoxious to carry around. Does the Env3 have a flip open keyboard...that's really nice for texting, I use it all the time.

As for the touch, I think that would be too much of a phone for what you need...that's more of an internet phone, infact, you may need to sign up for the 30 dollar internet access to have it (scott did). But it is a really sweet phone...lots of cool apps, and an awesome camera on it.

There's my 2 cents.

Hope that helped!

Stevens Family said...

Kari has (had?) the EnV(3?)... you could call her and ask.

Alisa said...

env3 and touch have the best consumer reports rating (according to Alex who is looking into his next phone, too). My boss likes everything about the env3 except the calendar which isn't that good.

Jessica & Paul said...

Paul and I both had the origional EnV phones and LOVED THEM! Paul now has an EnV2 and I have a blackberry, and sometimes I wish I had stayed with the EnV! The Flip open keyboards are sooo nice and they are so easy to navigate!~

Chris and Beth Will said...

Chris had the enV3 and he loved it. It makes texting easier. Then it broke and we were to early for an upgrade, so he has a chocolate and HATES it. I think the enV3 is really good, he is just a boy and is hard on phones, thats why it broke.

The Erickson Family said...

We just got the enV3 over the summer and we both LOVE it! They also make some really nice cases for them that fit right over the phone and you can still very easily use the phone with it on. I have found the case very useful with kids. Good luck!

The Grant's said...

I also just got the enV3 about a month ago and I like it alot. It makes texting SO much easier. (although it took about a week to get used to the keyboard.) Nothing I don't like yet. I was told with the enVtouch that you have to get the " get it now" package, which I didn't need, and is at leat $10/month. Hope that helps!

Candise said...

I recently acquired the enV Touch.
So far I love it!
And because we are genetically programmed to make a list...

Pros:
1. Touch screen is handy
2. Love the keyboard - and I'm not a huge texter.
3. In addition to the actual keyboard there is a full size touch keyboard which has become a favorite feature.
4. Calendar Function is wonderful (one of the primary reasons I got the phone)
5. Despite my initial reservations...the internet function has come in handy a time or two.
6. It has a document viewer that can view .doc, .ppt, .xls, .pdf and more.(Handy to have the family address list, grocery lists, budget, recipes, etc.)
7. It was intended, and has become somewhat of a PDA for me.
8. Holds music. Haven't used this much yet, but the music Jarom put on for me sounds great!

Cons:
The $10 data package is not optional. It is 25 MB of download/upload which is oodles. Like I said, the internet has come in handy a time or two (retrieve addresses from an e-mail, find the address phone number of a store, etc.)

Let me know if you have questions. If we do run into each other next week you can play around with it all you want!